Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hair Dyeing Disasters

The day before I came down with the flu I decided I was sick of looking in the mirror and seeing so much gray hair looking back at me. I went out and bought the hair dye in the above photo.




My hair came out looking this color. This is not a photo of my hair, but of yarn that I stole from someplace. I mean.. I did not steal the yarn...the photo. If you google charcoal you will see some pretty interesting images pop up. Especially the art images done in charcoal. This is a link I found where they are showing how to do charcoal sketches. Very cool.
I tried to take a picture of myself but... well...it was scary looking. I have since dyed it twice and now have sort of brown colored hair with not much gray showing. Not sure if I like it... but I sure do not like the gray either and blond coloring just isn't doing the trick. It really sucks getting old sometimes. Especially when you are a somewhat vain woman.
Other than that little fiassco, life has been good. I am pretty on top of things for being just a few days shy of Christmas. I have made it to the gym everyday since I joined except for the 2 days that I was ill. It gets better each time and I really enjoy it.
I need to back track and make a few comments to some of you have visited me recently. I really do appreciate all of your visits.

6 comments:

Myra said...

I can see why you had to recolor your hair... Not a great color judging from that yarn... 8-)

Good for you getting to the gym pretty well every day! Thumbs up!! 8-)

Rudee said...

Once you go gray, there's no desire to go back. I wish I could get back all the money I spent dying it blond, that's what I wish.

You should get something good for Christmas now that you've gotten your (char) coal.

I'm impressed with your gym schedule. Good for you!

Gramma Ann said...

Hair dyeing disasters are not one of my favorite things. I remember once having my daughter, a beautician, dye mine blond. I went from dark brown to blond, I kept saying I can't see the difference, it still looks brown to me, until I was standing beside a blond friend looking in the mirror, than I realized how bad I looked as a blond. Wrong skin coloring for a blond. It took close to six months to grow out. Never did that again. LOL...

Renie Burghardt said...

Oi Veh, Brenda! That color looks, well, like charcoal, I guess. Hope you got it fixed somehow.

Sorry I haven't been very active in blogland lately. I hope you have a very Meryy Christmas!

Hugs,

Renie

Sandy said...

I have so had that happen in the past, that charcoal color. I just washed mine a lot and it was looking okay after a week. I just didn't go anywhere. I haven't dyed my hair now in about hmmm, eight or nine months, maybe longer. I decided to let it go gray and not worry about it.

Sandy said...

I just read Rudee's post and she's right, once you do it, it's so much easier never to have to face dyeing it again.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever