Saturday, December 19, 2009

Life's Road..........


Bear with me while I reflect on life a little bit here. I have been feeling somewhat better today , after being asleep for the past 2 days with a flu bug that knocked me out with body aches and a slight fever. I don't know about you but when I get sick I tend to get a little depressed. Not sure why that is, but I get a little weepy. It seems that things have just been popping in front of me, testing me to see if I will break. So far I have avoided an all out crying jag, but tears are welling up just a little too often. I ran across some photos of Clifford and I missed him, just looking at his picture. I remembered how soft his fur was, and his bad doggie breath, and how much he loved to follow me everywhere and sit close to me. Teary moment for me..., but really it should be a teary moment. We should miss our friends when we can't see them any longer.
And then today, we went to get Maddie a new dresser with Katy, and I didn't get to see her this week because I was sick. She gave me the biggest hug, and even though she is only 2 I think she sensed we hadn't seen each other this week either. Teary..a little again.
Then we got home and I went to get the mail. Here is a Christmas card from Rudee. Teary again. I was so surprised that she remembered me when she made her cards out. Thank you dear friend.
Then I got on the computer and see that Flydragon, who I came to know from Rudee's blog, has passed away. I really only exchanged a few comments back and forth with her over the past year, but she seemed like someone I would really like if we were to meet in person. She had a great sense of humor and I used to love to read her and Rudee going back and forth. She gave Rudee a Hot Air Balloon Award that was funny.
You just never know where the road will lead us during our daily travels. I sure wasn't expecting to meet people through blogging and actually care so much for them, especially when I may never get to meet any of you face to face. But I find that I do care....a lot about all of you that I have visited these past two years. I remember I started blogging right about this time 2 years ago, right before Maddie was born. One of my first blog posts had a picture of "Harvey" the Jimmy Stewart movie as a topic. I said that I thought blogging would feel something like talking to Harvey....
Well....surprise surprise none of you are like talking to Harvey. You are all very real to me. Thanks for visiting me....and for your friendship.

9 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog, because you always have such neat things going on in your life. And I love the way you always share them with us. I'm sorry you are feeling blue, and hope you will feel better tomorrow. I find that sometimes we just need to have the good old cry and let the tears roll. Later I feel better for some reason.

I'm just in my winter blues period until March. It's just my life with SADs. I think everyone is affected by the blues some in the winter, with the shorter days and long dark cold nights. I know I am.

The Bug said...

I've been extra weepy this last week too. Not sick, just missing my mom (& a bit of hormones). I'm listening to a book on tape on my commute to & from work & twice this week I just cried in the car listening to it. Yikes! I'm feeling some better now...

And I hope that you'll be better - all the way better - soon too!

The Crusty Crone said...

I'm glad to hear you are beginning to feel a little better.

I think we all need some "weepy time" now and again... if nothing more than to be sure our hearts are still open and loving. Our great emotional abilities is what brings depth and color to our lives. If that's what you feel like doing, then I say go for it, be it little tears or a big cry. It makes you humane.

Renie Burghardt said...

Well, Brenda, I thought I had the flu as well, but it turns out I had lost 3/4 of the blood in my body, instead. So after lots of new blood pumped into me, I feel stronger and better. But still not all well, as that will take a bit more time.

I get weepy and sad too, especially when I'm sick. I hope you feel better by today, and be back to your perky self again, soon! Sorry about flydragon. I thought she was a hoot, and enjoyed her blog, although I hadn't visited in a while.

I know the hug from MADDIE must have been the perfect medicine to feeling better!

Take care!

Hugs,

Renie

Brenda said...

Ann,
Yes....I understand the SAD in winter. I used to get it worse than I have in the past few years. I really require sunlight and daylight hours and the winters are lacking in those and tooooo long. I can deal with it for awhile but 3 or 4 months is too much.

Dana,
Holidays bring about so many emotions don't they. Some days are great and then all of a sudden the tears.

CC,
Long time no hear from...Ha. Hope you are doing well.

Renie,
Oh that does not sound good. My Dad had that happen to him also, and they never did figure out why he lost the blood. I donated blood last week before I got sick. Glad I did, for anyone like you who would have needed it. Wouldn't that be a hoot, if you received some of mine. We would be like blood sisters.

Rudee said...

I could tell you why you're weepy--there is science to it, you know. But we'll just leave it be.

I'm thankful to have met you through my blog Brenda. I commented on the post that followed this about the new picture of Clifford you put up before I read this. I completely understand the loss you feel at this time.

I hope you're feeling better, soon.

Myra said...

Glad you are feeling some better from your flu Brenda, as for the weeping, it happens, I know...

We do get some attached to the lives of our blogging friends don't we... Who knows when an opportunity to meet in person will arise? 8-)

Rositta said...

I am quite attached a few blogging friends, three of whom I have met and spent time with in Athens. I would be terribly upset if something were to happen to them and I think that goes both ways. I also only knew Flydragon through her blog and some comments she left on my blog. It is very sad that she passed away but at least thanks to her daughter we know about it. What is sad is when bloggers just disappear and we have no idea why. Did they die or just simply quit blogging?
As for you, I hope you recover soon as it sounds like you had H1N1. Certainly your symptoms are consistent with that flu. Three of my immediate neighbours had it and they said it was awful, the worst flu they ever had. Fortunately they survived it. Take care and Merry Christmas...ciao

Sandy said...

Such an honest post and all. I enjoyed reading it and glad you are better. I had read about Flydragon at CC's blog, I didn't know her.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever