Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Foggy Days are Good for Sewing..


This photo may seem odd, but it the only photo I have of the fog we have been experiencing lately. The photo is of a church that Bob and I visited on Saturday. We are trying to visit a new church once a week, just because we have so many beautiful old churches in our area.
I finally pushed myself into my sewing room to start making Maddie and Isla some quilts. I stood on my feet all day cutting the pieces out to be sewn together. My back has a pulled muscle or something painful going on, so I am here taking a break. The quilt I am working on first is a pinwheel star design with pinks and other pastel colors with a white background. I hope I can stay on this kick for a while because I have made myself a dead line of one year to get rid of the material I have. If not....then it will be donated. Knitting is much easier on the back, so far. It has been a few years since I have tried to put together a quilt, so I hope I can have it look alright when it is all finished. Or that I can just finish it..period.
The fog is getting annoying. I feel like the Wolf Man is going to sneak up on me anytime . Along with Dracula and Abbott and Costello. I watched American Idol again tonight and thought it was really annoying also. I am still feeling in need of a vacation. Can you tell......ha.

9 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

We've had fog several mornings as well, but usually gone by around 9 AM. Last night we had some rain, and it's 60 degrees still this morning. Love these temps.

Hope you get into your quilting! Have a great Wednesday.

Hugs,

Renie

The Bug said...

Dracula AND Abbott & Costello? THAT would be an interesting encounter! Good luck with the quilting!

Rudee said...

We've had fog here, too. Heavy stuff. I'm surprised at the relative lack of snow. We get an inch or so here and there, but then nothing for days. I should have bought another Honda.

I can't wait to see what you're quilting. It's back to the drawing board with the weaving. Must have been doing something wrong, but for the life of me, I don't know what.

Sandy said...

I hope you can share some photos as you go along making these quilts. You are such a "crafter" ..I'm impressed.

Gramma Ann said...

We had fog and it made such beautiful frost on the trees, they were just lovely to look at. I took two pictures and put them on fb.

I can't wait to see the quilts, they sound like they will be lovely. I did my crafty things this fall and this winter I have been trying to read some of my books. So the crocheting got put on the back burner, so to speak.

I hope by now the fog has lifted and you are feeling better.

Patty said...

Also good for reading, watching old movies or taking a nap.

Poetikat said...

Coincidentally, there's a brand new Wolfman movie coming out soon. Maybe the fog is a publicity stunt!

Ruth said...

If I had to get rid of all my fabric in one year, I'd have to quit my job and sew quilts full time.

Winifred said...

We haven't had fog but it's so grey. I need the sunshine and it's on its way. Well for one day anyway.

Best of luck with the quilting. You're right knitting and crocheting are easier on the back!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever