Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh Dear....

No Fair....it is just not fair! I have been going to the gym for a month now and I stepped on the scale tonight and I had gained 5 pounds! How is that possible???? I have been going everyday except for the 2 days I had the flu and on Christmas day when they were closed. I have been less hungry than usual and I was expecting to be more hungry after I increased my activities. AND...my butt is getting bigger. This is so not fair. This time next month...things had better change...in the other direction! I would have been happy with a 2 pound loss. I am still determined to see this through for at least a year. I do enjoy going... and I know that I am eventually going to see some good results.
Today we had a heat wave. It got up to 21 degrees. Tonight we are having snow and could see 3 to 6 inches. If so..this will be be our first real accumulation. We have had small amounts that haven't lasted long. Well, they just interrupted the People's Choice Awards to say that the highway right by us is closed, so it must be bad. They rarely close the highways here in Missouri. Back to the show...

7 comments:

Rudee said...

Muscle weighs more than fat. Patience, my dear. Stay the hell off that scale!

Katy said...

Exactly. Muscle weighs more than fat! Pay more attention to the effect on your mood and energy, and your measurements than the scale :)

Renie Burghardt said...

Yep, patience, Brenda! You will get there. I'm sure you exagerate a bit, too.

We have an inch of snow out there this morning, and it's not as cold at 22. But the bitter cold returns later today and for the next 3 days, before we get a break. I want spring!

Stay safe and warm!

Hugs,

Renie

The Bug said...

What they said! And really, although you want to lose weight, the benefit to your body of all that exercise is TREMENDOUS!

We're expecting 2-4 inches - but the bad thing is that it's not starting until around 10:00 & continuing until 7:00 - so my commute home might be a mess. Sigh.

Gramma Ann said...

I agree with the rest, Muscle weighs more than fat.

Are you watching your food intake. I am bad for watching the food intake and no exercise or exercising and not paying attention to what goes in my mouth. Sometimes you need both to see a weigh lose. Enough weight talk...

We had 8 inches of fresh snow last night. It is quite beautiful, but still cold. In a day or two we will be in the deep freeze again, they are saying maybe, Minus -15F. But I think that is at night, with a high of zero in the day time.

I'm with Renie, I want Spring, too.

Sandy said...

Yes Rudee is right, muscle muscle is what is going on and it weighs more than fat. You'll see improvement, really.

Rositta said...

Muscle, muscle, lots of muscle...keep it up and you'll look great...ciao

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever