Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Book Review..........


I just finished this book last night. It took me awhile to read it. Not because it didn't hold my interest, but because it is heavy to hold while reading in bed. I rarely read while sitting in a chair, unless I am waiting somewhere, like getting the car fixed or at a Dr. appointment. I lie down in bed and read, so I prefer paperbacks for comfort reasons. But I also like the latest bestsellers, and you have to wait awhile for those to come out in paperback. This book was strange. It was similar to her first book, "Time Travelers Wife", in that she takes your mind to a place where you really have to stretch out your imagination. I like books like this, because I really don't like anything predictable. Reading for me is a place to escape to...a place to take me away from my everyday activities. Reading for me is like traveling someplace that I haven't been before. The reason that I felt that this book was strange, was because it dealt with death and the soul and where it goes. This story had the soul stuck in the person's former home. It was similar to the movie "Ghost", in that eventually she was able to communicate with former family members and her lover. I don't want to give too much away, in case you plan on reading it. I will just say, the ending was not what I thought it would be. But....it definitely wasn't predictable, so in that sense it was a very good book.
I have been feeling really "on edge" lately. I had hoped that my trip to Arizona would snap me out of my funk....and it did, for a short time. It has to be the weather. I need more fresh air and sunshine, I think. I am really really busy right now, so my mood has nothing to do with being bored. Got to be the weather! I can only stand so much of it. Six months of winter is too long. Just have to hang on for a couple of more months. Think positive...think positive........

5 comments:

The Bug said...

I'm funny - I like books that don't make me think TOO much - but they have to hold my interest. I like mysteries for that reason. If I want to sort out who done it I can, but otherwise I can just drift along & be surprised at the end...

Sandy said...

I use to love to read, now my reading is always on the internet.

However, I have a huge library of spiritual books I love and read often.

They keep me centered I guess.

Come and have a walk with me in the warm temps.

Gramma Ann said...

I like easy listening reading, like my easy listening music. I don't want to have to think to deeply when I'm reading for entertainment. I have other serious reading I do each week, but for fun, I want something light and fun.

Brenda said...

Sandy,
I wish I could take a walk with you! That would be so much fun.

Rudee said...

Maybe you have cabin fever. Don't worry...spring is but a month away. Here's hoping it hurries.

SInce we have similar tastes in reading material, I'll check out this book. Thanks for the review. It sounds intriguing.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever