Monday, March 1, 2010

Bickering

Yesterday I came down with the worse flu that I can ever remember having.  I will not go into any details but I was unable to move for at least 24 hours, except for the many trips to the bathroom.  Today, I still feel like a truck ran over me, but I am forcing myself to sit up and watch some TV.  I wanted to read but the book was too heavy for my weak whittle arms.  And then I tried to knit and that wore me out pretty quickly.  So I have been forced to try and watch TV...something, that I don't usually do during the day.  Unless Maddie is over, that is, and then we watch children's shows.  First I turned on "The View".  Bicker bicker..yap..yap....lost interest pretty quickly. Then I tried to watch all of the news channels.  I have heard here and there that people have their favorite news channels based, I think,to what political party you prefer.  I don't watch them long enough to figure out which is which.  I just want some facts...skip the personalities, please.  I miss Walter Cronkite.  That's the way it is.  I miss that line.
  It even looks like the soap operas  have changed.  I would like to see some old reruns of the one my Grandma used to watch.  I think it was called As The World Turns.  She really got into that show.  She watched it for years and knew when they made a mistake, like when Lisa got pregnant after having a hysterectomy 5 years earlier.
I have a feeling I will need another long nap this afternoon, since there doesnt seem to be anything on the tube.  I need the rest anyway.................

5 comments:

The Bug said...

I feel the same way about daytime tv - I never know what to do with myself when I'm home sick. I could bring my book on tape in from the car, but then I might fall asleep & then how would I find my place again?

I guess when we're sick it's just best to sleep as much as possible - let the body get on with healing without our interruptions.

Feel better!

Star said...

You could try watching some of the BBC programmes. They might amuse you a little while you're recovering.
Get well soon.
Blessings, Star

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, poor Brenda! I'm sorry you're sick. It's best just to stay in bed and rest and snooze as much as possible, and maybe sip a little Gatorade or chicken stock or ginger ale.

The Food Channel is always nice to watch in the daytime, but perhaps not, if one is sick. Or HGTV.

Just take good care and get well soon!


Hugs and Prayers,

Renie

Sandy said...

Ohhhh a bad flu, sorry to hear that! And I so agree with TV during the day, I just can't do that.......

I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

Jo said...

"First I turned on "The View". Bicker bicker..yap..yap....lost interest pretty quickly."

Yay, Brenda...! Those dreadful, yappy women make women look bad.

How on earth has that show lasted so long??? There are two types of women in this world -- those who watch "The View" and those who are intelligent enough not to watch "The View".

I hope you are feeling better soon. Sleep, sleep, sleep ..... ZZZZzzzzzzzz.....

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever