Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Early signs of Spring

Yesterday when I stepped outside to get the mail I saw the first signs of spring popping through the ground.  It was not the photo above, of course, I just chose that one because I was searching for a photo from last season and liked it.  What I saw was our ground cover at the front of the house, coming up with its early reddish buds, that later turns green.  This is always a very exciting day for me each year....to see the very "first" indication that we are indeed going to have a change of season.  Being able to spend more time outside will be great!  I am already planning out all the activities in my mind.  Taking Maddie to the park, the Zoo, Shaw's Garden,  planting flowers, and later on swimming.  Aww...........I can smell the fresh air coming through the windows already...........

5 comments:

The Bug said...

I am so ready for spring too!

Sandy said...

I can so imagine how ready for spring you are! How exciting to see those buds. The first day of spring each year, I literally lay down on the grass and hug the earth. (unless it's raining) then I blow it a kiss.

Patty said...

Sounds like someone is getting Spring fever.

Renie Burghardt said...

My jonquils are budding and will be blooming soon. And we're cleaning up at the cabin on the river. Can't wait to hang out there again, and ride the jet ski! Well, that will be a while yet, but I can dream, can't I?

Hurry Spring!

Renie

Rudee said...

I haven't seen much in the way of signs here, except of course a gang of very frisky squirrels. I swear, they're as bad as rabbits around here.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever