Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Days Are BUSY..............

My days are crazy busy lately.  It seems we have some place to go almost everyday and every evening.  That is possibly an exaggeration...but that is how it feels.  I would like to be a little more like the turtle and snail in the cartoon above for awhile.

I am winding down to the finish line on my duties as President of the Ladies Auxiliary at our parish.  Our fish fries are coming to a close this Good Friday.  Our raffles did not do very well, but we tried.  We had a speaker series every Friday night after Stations of the Cross.  Bob and I only got to attend one speaker.  We have a young priest that we really admire.  He did a talk on the meaning of Fatherhood.  He is a very intelligent young man and wise beyond his years.
I will get to spend every day with my little Maddie in April.  Yesterday we went to the park and fed the ducks and the fish.  We pretended like we were going on a Dora-type adventure at the park.  We walked across a big wooden bridge and then on a shaky bridge where we had to be really "brave".  She became brave enough to walk on it by herself after going with me the first time.  These are all very safe things....I just try to make it a fun adventure for her.  She loves pretending now, and is a real joy to be with.
Our weather has been wet but very Spring Like.  Blooming flowers and lots of birds make for some fun adventures with my little grand daughter!

8 comments:

The Bug said...

Love the cartoon! I feel that way some days. All that cake makes me swoon - looks fabulous!

I'm glad you're going to get to spend April with Maddie - that will probably be fun for us too!

Renie Burghardt said...

You have been busy, Brenda! And spending time with Maddie must be a joy. My youngest granddaughter is almost 11 and lives 800 miles away. But she will be here for a visit again soon, then again later in the summer. I can't wait.

Enjoy all you preciousr time with your little joy, Maddie!

Hugs,

Renie

Rudee said...

How exiting to have Maddie for so long! I know you love those precious days.

Patty said...

Enjoy little Maddie, they grow up so quickly.I know what you mean about busy, it seems some days from the time the feet hit the floor until it's time for bed, something is always happening.

By the way, what did you think about Dancing With The Stars last night? Couldn't believe Buzz didn't get voted off, and I think even he was surprised. But like he said, the judges were right, but he has a lot of friends and when he saluted the flag before they danced, he's sure that earned him a few votes. Enjoy your day.

Ebook Author Missouri said...

Cute Story .. Happy Easter!

Sandy said...

I know what you mean about having fun with your granddaughter. They reach an age where it is fun to play pretend with them. Sounds like you are such a good gramma to her.

Myra said...

Sounds like you have been a very busy bee... Being a turtle/snail once in a while is a good thing! 8-)

It is wonderful having a priest that you like and admire... I know!!

Sounds like that little GD is growing up fast... Enjoy! 8-)

Have a great Easter with your family Brenda!

Winifred said...

Know what you mean about being busy. When people told me I'd be busier when I retired I didn't believe them. Still I don't mind having my grandchildren every weekday. In years to come they won't want to see me as much so I'll make the most of their childhoods.

Enjoy Maddie while you can they grow so quickly and it's a wonderful relationship.

Those cakes look delicious Brenda!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever