Monday, March 22, 2010

Up In The Air


My blog has not been behaving very well the past few days.  It is really hard to get it to the point where I can do anything with it, other than look at it.  I have been successful at leaving comments on other blogs though.  I don't know if it is just me or if others are having problems also.  It is really hard to find the right area to sign in, so that I can do a post.  Well...for now, it seems to be working.
Sunday we watched the movie "Up In The Air" with George Clooney.  Most of it was filmed right here in "St. Louie".  I loved it.  I didn't recognize any of the actors/ actresses other than George, but thought one actor looked familiar, Sam Elliott.  I looked him up on the computer and he has been in a lot of  movies, but the only one I had seen was Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid, with his current wife, Katherine Ross.  There were some sad moments in the film, when they let some out of work St.Louisians improvise by  reliving the moment they were fired or pondered an uncertain future.
Up in the Air" was shot at locations all around town from Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to the Cheshire Inn to Affton High School. Some 2,000 St. Louisians appeared as extras It was fun to watch a film that had scenes that we are familiar with.  I remember seeing a news piece about  a man who had recently lost his job and had written a song he thought might go well with the movie. The man handed Jason Reitman, the director, a cassette tape. When he finally located a player — in a friend’s car — the song spoke to him and convinced him he needed to put it in the film. The song is half way into the credits, but at least it made it into the film.  
I really enjoyed the movie.  Not just because it was filmed here.  I thought it had a really good message about life.  Sometimes the things you think you want in life...aren't very important after you get them. You will have to see the film to understand that...I know, I know.  I never like to give too much away, just in case you want to see it and haven't yet.   The love you get and recieve from family and friends are what matter the most.  That was the message I got.

7 comments:

arlee bird said...

It's on my list of movies to see. Too many movies and not enough days to watch them.

Lee

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Brenda,

Interesting about the movie being filmed in St. Louis. I like George Clooney and hope to see the movie.

Beautiful day ahead. At least here. Have a good one.

Hugs,

Renie

Rudee said...

I'll be watching this movie for sure, but not until I finish the job at hand.

I hope your blog stops acting up. I haven't had any issues.

Sandy said...

That is definitely one I want to rent.

I remember flying into St. Louis airport once, on my way to Kansas City Kansas.
It was during an electric Thunderstorm and it was unbelievably bad, back in 1987. I'll never forget that flight.

Jo said...

That is on my list of "must see" movies. Thank you for the review!

My blog has been acting up a bit lately to, BTW. I wonder what's going on!

Cheers,

Ho

Gramma Ann said...

I haven't seen the movie, will watch for it in DVD.. We visited St. Louis in 2001, I think. Took the cruise down the Mississippi one afternoon. We stayed at a campsite right in the heart of St. Louis.

Ebook Author Missouri said...

Great Story ... A+

Remember to follow my blog:

http://showmestatedogs.blogspot.com

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever