Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

This is a basket I made for Maddie.

We had a very nice week, even though we were busy just about every day and every evening. Here it is Monday morning and I am somewhat exhausted... but very grateful for the memories of the past week. The last couple of years we have been going to Sunday mass at St. Francis Xavier College Church because it is the church that Katy and Brian got married in and also because it is a beautiful church. Their Easter service is especially impressive, because they have the children proceed down the aisle with pretty ribbons and their cute Easter outfits. The music performances are flawless, to me anyway. Not being a musician, I only know what sounds good to me.



At the end of the mass there are older children upstairs who release lots of  balloons and they float all over the church. Maddie really loved that part. She was really well behaved for her age. She didn't have to be carried out into the hall because of crying or disrupting  others  But Grandma did a big no-no by giving her some paper and an ink pen to write with.  She got the ink on her pretty dress, and now I need to figure out what will get the ink out.  It didn't show in the photos we took after church though....thank goodness.

Our weather was close to being perfect, just a little windy at times.  The flowers and flowering trees are all blooming out.  I mowed the lawn for the first time this year... one day last week.  I still have a lot of clean up and flower planting to do, and taking the cover off the pool and getting it open and ready.  If our weather stays as warm as it has been, we will be swimming soon.  The day I mowed last week it was 87 degrees.  I think we almost broke a record for that day.  I have a feeling this month is going to fly by and soon we will get to meet our new grand baby. 
Magnolia Tree
I love these trees, but they bloom for such a short time.


4 comments:

Rudee said...

If the dress is washable (by the way, it's adorable!), get some Aqua Net hairspray. Spray the ink stain with the aqua net, let it set a bit and then wash. It works. I've even gotten dye out like this. Trust me...nurses know the secrets of removing ink stains.

Happy Easter, Brenda. Go put your feet up. It sounds like you deserve a rest!

The Bug said...

What a cute dress - for a cute girl! Dr. M mowed last week - & it looks like the grass could already use mowing again. So it begins LOL.

Sandy said...

Maddie is adorable in that dress. I sure hope you can get the ink out! I agree with Rudee, always heard hair spray does the trick...didn't know it was a certain kind like Aqua Net. Sounds like a great service.

And how exciting 87 degrees, whoa!

Jo said...

Maddie is beeeuuuutiful...! I hope the ink comes out of her pretty dress. Maybe Grandma might have to buy her a new one. :-)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever