Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Feeling Grouchy


This is a post about me venting....about the QC departments, that are allowing so many inferior products to pass through the doors and out to our stores.  I am getting REALLY tired of it.  First I will start with food.  We have three or four grocery stores that we can choose from here in my area.  I have heard that one of our highest quality grocers gets first pick off the truck and I assume makes some kind of a financial arrangement in order to do this.  This is where I usually shop, mainly because it is the closest store, and has more of the products we buy.  I have gone there for 20 years or more and have only had to return bad food ...maybe five times.  Now, I am finding low quality foods (with higher prices) far too often.  My next gripe is clothing that I buy any where and every where.  I first noticed that bras were being sold as a size that is not what the tag says.  I shouldn't need to try things on when I know what my size is.  After all, we used to do most of our shopping via catalog.  There were charts to measure yourself to get the right size, for bras, underwear, shirts, shoes, even rings.  How can so many makers get the sizes so messed up?  I just don't understand what happened to standard sizing.  One example of a clothing item happened just this past weekend.  My husband bought 2 identical shirts in two colors.  One shirt fit fine and the other too small.  Obviously the wrong tag got on the shirt.  It is a pain to take things back.  Every once in awhile would be fine, but this has been happening far too often.  My next and final gripe for the day is... Loreal hair dye.  I have used and loved this product for many many years.  Now the last 4 times I have purchased it I have had very bad experiences.  The first time my hair turned charcoal gray...not the color I thought I was going for.  The cover showed a high lighted brown shade.  I thought I had just gotten one batch of "bad dye" that slipped through the QC department. I later purchased a box that had no applicator top for the bottle.  Another time I did not get gloves.   I did however switch to a Clairol product the next few times I colored my hair.  I went the other day to purchase some more color and thought I would go back to Loreal, hoping maybe they corrected the problems.  Again...the color of my hair came out nothing like the picture and color I wanted.  Since I have been dyeing my own hair for about 8,000 years I think I know what I am doing, and I know it not just me.  The products we are getting stuck with are very inferior.  The only thing I can figure out is that too many companies are cutting back on the quality control department.  It seems there isn't one.  I am off now to see  if there are places on the internet where we can report bad products.  If not, maybe I will start one.

10 comments:

Rudee said...

I agree with you. I shop for only what I think I'll use in the next 2 days or so. I have less food waste that way.

When you consider what hair dye costs to begin with (way more than gasoline per gallon), it's a rip off. Is it possible you're trying to cover more gray than in the past and it's changing the outcome? It happens.

The Bug said...

I agree about the sizing - I was astounded at the size bra I had to get last time, but I decided that it was Victoria's Secret being crazy & not that I'd secretly had breast implants & not told myself.

Star said...

You're so right. Now you have me worried about the L'oreal. I need to do my hair in a week or two. Perhaps I'll try a different product. Thanks for the warning.
Blessings, Star

Jo said...

You know what the problem is. Nothing is made in North America anymore. Things are made in countries where there are no standards, and no one is held accountable.

I always look at the label when I'm buying something -- especially food. You would be surprised at how much of our food is grown in other countries where polution is normal -- fruits, vegetables, seafood. If an items is not made or grown in North America, I don't buy it. Period.

Sandy said...

I got so scared after my last disaster with hair dye by Loreal, that I just let it grow out white. Mine alto turned a horrid Charcoal grey...luckily it started fading real quick but I hated it.

I am so tired of the white hair though I'm thinking of dye jobbing it again. It's been well over a year now since I've put anything on it.

I hear ya, and I agree with your gripes.

Renie Burghardt said...

I agree with you as well. Things are going down hill. I try to buy veggies and fruits grown in the US. My favorite hair dye has always been Clairol. Lately, I hardly ever use it. I want to go and stay white! I like my hair that color. Trying to age gracefully! Haha.

Have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Renie

Brenda said...

Rudee,
I do have a lot more gray, but I am almost 90% certain that is not the problem. It really is the product...it is so obvious, and others have told me the same stories.

Dana,
Ha..I have never bought anything in that store. I just thought it was for young women. But you are young..so I can see why you go there.

Star,
It really bugs me that I had bad experiences with Loreal because I really liked their products. Thanks for your visit.

Jo,
I search and search for products made here and can never find them. One year I really made it my mission but gave up. Where do you find them?

Sandy and Renie,
If I had white hair I would let it go also. I like white hair. Mine just isn't there yet.
Thanks for visiting!

Reader Wil said...

In my country we have several TV programs about products. They are tested by a panel and graded. It's interesting to know which of all those products are best.

Reader Wil said...

Hi Brenda, thanks for your visit and comment. Anzac Day is only celebrated in Australia , New Zealand, other British Common Wealth countries and Israel, but not in my country. We celebrate our Remebrance Day on 4th May and on 5th May we celebrate our Liberation Day, because on May, 5th 1945 we were liberated from the Germans by the Canadians. At that time I was still in a Japanese concentration camp on Java, Indonesia, which was a Dutch colony then. Have a great week.

The Crusty Crone said...

I, too, have noticed a deep decline in product quality. I say SCREAM. Scream as loud as you can. Or you may just want to write a letter of complaint... if you can find an address. I should think Loreal would be very interested in the fact that after all these years, they've lost another customer to Clairol... not because Clairol is better, but because Loreal's quality has decline.

Maybe they get their ingredients from China.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever