Sunday, April 11, 2010

Glitches


Pretty soon we will celebrate Mothers Day, and not long after that, Fathers Day and  in between those two, we will celebrate Memorial Day.  I wish there was an  "EVERYONE BE KIND"   day.  Just for one day.  Wouldn't that be a wonderful experience!  Just one day where everyone did the very best they could to simply be nice and do nice things.  I have a reason for wishing this.  My blog has been acting up lately and I decided to remove the "follower" widget and the sidebar list of all my favorite blogs that I like to visit.  I don't have the link within widget there anymore either.  I have tried to have it as simple as I can get it to see if it improves.  I have a simple sitemeter installed that gives me an idea who visits and how they arrived here.  I usually only check it when I have been having problems.  I checked it the other day because it has been a struggle getting the page to load at times.  I noticed a company that had been visiting on a regular basis that I googled and found out some disturbing information about.  They visit blogs and remove what they don't want you to have on there.  I only read one or two complaints about them and now...I can not find them anywhere on the sitemeter or in my browsing history!!  All I remember is that they are in Washington DC.  This is making me paranoid.  I thought at first...Why would anyone care about my silly little journal here.  I rarely get controversial on here, or at least I try not to.  I don't download  photos illegally, that I am aware of.  So I concluded that it must be people that just don't have anything better to do, and they just get their kicks out of making life difficult for others.   But then.......I watched "the good shepherd" last night while I knitted.  Have you seen that movie?  I checked it out at the library yesterday.  I had meant to rent it when it first came out but never did.  It was draggy at times but if you watch it all the way through.....oh it is has a very creepy ending.  Roger Ebert did not give it a favorable review here.  But I don't watch movies for a living and then review them, even though I think that would be a really fun occupation.  The movie is about the CIA and a career spy, Edward Wilson,  played by Matt Damon.  I really like most of the movies I have seen Matt Damon in.  And this movie has another one of my favorites, Robert de Niro who has a role in the film and he also directed it.  Anyway..when I signed on my computer this morning and realized my blog was not acting up and then went to the sitemeter and saw that there is no evidence of this company having ever been on my blog...I got a little creep-ed out.  I thought maybe it was the CIA visiting my blog and after reading it for several months decided I was a... harmless nobody and left without a trace.....poof!  Then again maybe I am just getting paranoid and need to go get some of those happy pills the lady in the grocery store was taking.  Check your sitemeter and let me know if you have frequent visits from Washington DC.  I will be curious to hear if anyone else has had anything weird going on with blogging.  Insert theme song from Twilight Zone...

10 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Hmmm, I have Site Meter but haven't checked it in ages. But i haven't had a problem with my blog either, not that I use it that often anymore. But I don't see how anyone can do anything on your blog. They would have to sign in to get to your Dashboard and stuff, wouldn't they?

But I like your Kindness Day. That would be nice. Then again, we should always be kind, not just on a special day. Of course, sometimes, when I'm in a crabby mood, I would have tyo try harder!

Have a great week, Brenda!

Renie

Sandy said...

hahah,I absolutely have a big problem with Big Brother Government but problem is I don't have a sitemeter anymore so don't know who has been visiting.

One thing that is helpful for me to remember is they are just ordinary people like us who work for the CIA, and other governmental agencies, they chew the fat over the watercooler, surf the net while at work, worry about their families...so I figure If I can entertain them, that's all good.haha.

Rudee said...

My friend, Sister Jeanne, has had visits of this sort down in a Central American country. I'll say no more. I'm off to check my sitemeter, now.

bettyjf1 said...

I don't think you're paranoid. I've had to make some changes on my photo blogs and be very careful how I name each post. I saw that I'd had a visitor from out of the country and he'd "googled" Darling little boys. I've become MORE careful about which photos I post now days.. I'll have to rent the good sheperd. (sp) It sounds good. I plan on laying VERY low this week other than photo editing so I'll have the time.
Hope you've been well..

The Bug said...

I haven't had any issues - & frankly I'm pretty sure that anyone monitoring my blog would be pretty darn bored! Come on & monitor away - I don't care LOL. Just the other week I was complaining that Big Brother was doing a lousy job - there was an ad on my facebook sidebar that was for something I would TOTALLY never go for - I decided that Big Brother actually didn't know me very well!

Jo said...

Oh, gosh...! I occasionally get visitors from Washington, DC, but I never connected the dogs. Well, they can use my blog if they are suffering from insomnia. *heh*

Jo said...

I meant "connected the dots..." Freudian slip?

Ruth said...

I don't recall ever seeing Wash. DC on my site meter. I can see why it would creep you out. So much we don't know.

Kindness Day, and maybe a few other such holidays would be a nice change, I agree.

Gramma Ann said...

I don't even know what a Site Meter is. I have never had a problem with any of my blogs, except once in awhile trying to blog a picture, but that was only once or twice. I figured blogger was doing something new and messing around for a day or two.

Where do you get your templates? Maybe they don't work very well with blogger. I don't have any idea what could be wrong with your blog. As you know, I change my templates anytime I feel like it, and have never had any problems. Everything downloads on it's own with a new template.

Have a great day, Brenda, and I agree with Renie, everyday should be "Kindness Day."

Patty said...

Can't help you, I don't have site meter.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever