Monday, April 19, 2010

Lower Slobonia


Yesterday on the way to church my husband asked me to clean off his glasses while he was driving.  I took a look and wondered how in the world he could have seen out of them!  Maybe it's just me, but most men don't seem to care about dirtiness the same way most women do. I made a comment to him that I don't think I could be a man for one day.  He said "Yes you would have to go live in Lower Slobonia."  I don't know why, but that cracked me up.  I have never heard of that word (country?) before.  Well...it isn't a word or a country but I am usually the one that makes up words in our family.  I often  pronounce words incorrectly and misspell all too often and he always picks up on it and then I crack up.  I am sure that my occasional slip ups of the English language annoy him as much as dirty bathrooms bother me.  I figured out a long time ago that most men just aren't bothered when their surroundings look like Oscar's from "The Odd Couple".  Unless you are like Felix, and I just have not known very many men like him.  I know that my husband is far neater than most men and he is a lot more organized than I am.  But as far as scrubby dutch clean, like bathrooms, etc...nope.  Those things are kept up by the one that it bothers the most...moi.

4 comments:

Rudee said...

Hey! I know that man. He has a twin in metro Detroit.

Rudee said...

In fact, if you count my son, he has two.

And my father in law, too. That's three. My FIL hasn't stepped one filthy foot inside the shower since he bumped his noggin, OMG, FIVE years ago!! Ok, he may not be a split apart, but a unique situation.

Brenda said...

Rudee,
Oh my gosh...I forgot about MLTL not showering since he bumped his noggin. I wasn't really trying to pick on my hubby and son too much, but they do fall into the male category I was referencing. HEHE..did I spell that right?

Sandy said...

hahaha, oh yeah I read ya.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever