Saturday, April 17, 2010

Missouri Botanical Gardens

We picked a perfect day to go down to the Gardens.  The weather was wonderful and all of the spring flowering trees and flowers were showing off all of their glorious beauty. 
I took 450 pictures and these the only ones that turned out half way decent. 

I have a point and shoot camera and I did try a few settings today other than auto...but most just did not turn out well.

Someday maybe I will get the itch to buy an expensive camera and then take some classes on how to use it.

When you have an opportunity to go somewhere as beautiful as our gardens this time of year, beautiful photos would be great.  I have a feeling though...that  even with a great camera, lighting and  many other things factor into how well the photo turns out.

This area is the rain-forest area that is enclosed in the climatron.  There were white doves flying around that were so beautiful.  I only managed to capture 2 photos of them.  I wished I could have gotten one of them in flight.
The azaleas are at their peak right now.  I have tried a couple of times to grow them but have never had any luck with them.


I didn't see what type of tree this was, but the limbs dip down to the ground and curve up and from many angles it would make a very interesting photo.  It was really crowded there today and photo taking was a challenge because so many people either were trying to take photos themselves or would be in the way of you getting one.  I had to do a lot of cropping to get the few I have.

After the gardens we went to the mall to take a look at the new iPad.  They are pretty impressive.  I can see using one someday, but right now I would like a larger TV...maybe.  It is after 10 pm now and Bob and Bobby are having a good time upstairs watching the Cardinals who I hear have just lost the game after 20 innings.  It was scoreless into the 19th inning.  The game started at 3 pm.  What a bummer that they lost.....

8 comments:

Gramma Ann said...

These photos are just gorgeous, beautiful and just plain lovely. What can I say...Oh I made the first one my wallpaper on my computer. It is just so beautiful, I couldn't resist. I hope you don't mind.

Gail said...

Seems to me you did a fine job picture taking, these are great!

I wish I lived closer, I would love to see these gardens.

Myra said...

Gorgeous photos Brenda!!! I have the one with the bridge on my desktop to enjoy... 8-)

Sandy said...

The photos you put up are beautiful. I find that on days with sharp contrast between sun and shadows my photos don't turn out very well but on cloudy days they are better. I have a camera that can do a lot but I have no clue what to do with it. I just leave it on intelligent auto. I have so many that never get put up.

Rudee said...

I think you should have just told everyone you were going to show pictures of your backyard garden. These are beautiful photos.

Get the TV. Don't buy a first generation IPAD.

Brenda said...

Ann,
Don't mind at all. I had about 4 or 5 that actually turned out rather stunning if I do say so myself. Maybe that is why I take so many...just hoping a few are really good. That one and the one farther down were the best ones.

Gail,
You should make the trip up here. You aren't that far away. Come this time next year when all of these are in bloom. I am sure your farm is very beautiful also.

Myra,
Hope you are doing well. I need to get over to your blog and see how everything is going. Glad you enjoyed the photo also.

Sandy,
My daughter said the same thing about the shade being better for photo taking, but I love the sun. I know too little about photography to talk about it. But if I got an expensive camera I would take classes somewhere I hope. Or read lots of books..one of those...ha.

Rudee,
I thought the same thing about the iPad being so new. If you wait long enough you get more for your buck sometimes. Did you say there is a 3 D TV out now? Hmmmm....have to check those out.

Renie Burghardt said...

It must take a lot of care takers to get such gorgeous flowers. Absolutely gorgeous! And nothing wrong with your camera, Brenda. It takes perfect pictures. One of these days, I'll have to get to the Missouri Botanical Gardens.

Have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Renie

The Bug said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love that bridge one best...

Dr. M told me about the Cardinals game - I forgot to see how it turned out. I would like to say I'm sorry they lost - but go Reds! :)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever