Thursday, April 8, 2010

Peculiar Encounter

I don't usually like to talk about people or make fun of people, especially when it is on the Internet for all to see.....but I just have to do a short little post about an odd thing that occurred at the grocery store yesterday.  A lady walked by me and started talking about how beautiful the tray of fruit was.  You know those trays similar to the photo above and they are wrapped in cellophane and cost a small fortune, because you are having a last minute party and no time to cut it up yourself.  The lady appeared to be well educated and was dressed in business attire.  She was so animated and excited about this rather simple tray of cut up fruit.  "Look at that tray!!!!  Isn't it beautiful!"  "Oh my...it is lovely!!!"  I just looked at her an said...."Yes...."  But I thought to myself...what kind of "happy pills" is she on.  I have never seen anything quite like it.  No one I have ever known has been excited about a tray of fruit, unless they cut it all up themselves or something.  Certainly not one at the grocery store.  I have been pondering over this off and on since it happened.
That and I really don't have anything else to write about at the moment.....

10 comments:

Rudee said...

Perhaps she's never seen fruit before.

Renie Burghardt said...

Maybe she had Spring Fever and was enthused about everrything! :-)

Happy weekend!

Renie

The Bug said...

Maybe she just started Weight Watchers & was feeling mopey about having to be on a "diet" & then realized that the fruit actually looked REALLY appealing.

Brenda said...

Ha...well...like I said it was strange. I really think she was taking some happy pills and thought everything was beautiful. I don't take happy pills so it just looked like cut up fruit to me....

Patty said...

Apparently she took her happy pills for the day, and looked at that fruit and thought WOW, saves me a lot of work and will pass it off as having cut the fruit onto the serving tray herself. There's always happy people out there. Just like there's morning people, always smiling, early in the morning, saying good morning with that big grin, sometimes it just makes you want to walk up to them and slap them across the face. LOL

Winifred said...

Well as they say here "There's nowt as queer as folks"!

In BBC speak, "There's nothing as strange as people".

It was probably like the reactions people had here after the war when they saw oranges and bananas for the first time in 5 years. Maybe she had been locked up somewhere for a while.

Jo said...

Her Prozac must have kicked in just at that moment. :-) Did she end up buying the tray of fruit?

Sandy said...

hahahaha, oh I bet she is just one of those positive people who always go around gushing at everything.

Myra said...

LOL! One never know what or how some people think sometimes Brenda... lol!

Must say, Maddie looks just darling in her Easter dress! 8-)

bettyjf1 said...

That's funny; I've taken Cylert (for fatigue related to MS) and I could have been that woman.. except that I'm not in MO..

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever