Monday, May 31, 2010

Kayla's Baptism

Yesterday Kayla was baptized at our church by a young priest that we admire very much.  I really love all of his homilies and he especially made this day very memorable for all us.  We had several friends, of Katy and Brian's, and a few family members over afterwards for food and cake to celebrate this special event.  As you can tell from this photo, we are a pretty happy family.  Bobby was Kayla's Godfather and Katy's long time high school friend was her Godmother.  My week leading up to this day was very busy cleaning things that I don't usually bother with....but needed to be done.  I got to visit with 2 friends this week also that I don't usually get to see, so that was nice.  Today we are having a kick back relaxing day.  I wanted to do a post about my Dad on this Memorial day but just haven't gotten around to it.  He was a Medic in WWII and my Mom was working at Boeing in Seattle while he was overseas.  Maybe someday I will collect enough information about what I have been told and write it all out for our children and grandchildren.  I feel very proud of my family today and grateful that we get to spend a lot of quality time together.  I miss my Mom and Dad at times like this.  Thanks Dad....for all the lives you tried to save and for all the ones you did save.

9 comments:

Rudee said...

What a lovely post about family and service. Thanks for sharing your beautiful day.

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, it souunds like a beautiful Baptism, Brenda! Love the picture, and Maddie looks adorable in her happy grandma's arms. :-)

God bless little Kayla!

Hugs,

Renie

BJ said...

What a beautiful pic of your family and newest addition....baby Kayla! I'm so happy for all of you.

Thinking of you & all my blogging friends. I do miss you all....but I'm caught in FB....lol. Sometimes I think about quitting that too.

Take care & hugs to all of you!

The Bug said...

The baptism sounds lovely - & you guys all look very happy together.

Poconoangel said...

What a lovely post, and congratulations to you all on Kayla's baptism. What a special family time. You all look very happy. Wishing you all blessings with your beautiful baby!

Reader Wil said...

This is a very happy occasion, worth to be remembered always.Thanks for sharing! I wish you all a long and happy life together.

Myra said...

Congrats with the baptism of Kayla! Sounds like a wonderful day of family was had Brenda! Good stuff! 8-)

Sandy said...

Love this family photo! That must have been a special day. Maddie is so cute and growing up so quick. The baby is adorable.

Nice to see you all and see a post from you.

bettyjf1 said...

Oh I love your memories of your dad being a medic. Love the Baptism picture. Looks like you all had a good time. I love having a "good speaker" for homilies and such.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever