Saturday, August 7, 2010

My First Pedicure



Two weeks ago I went in to have my first pedicure. I have had my nails done twice.. but this was my "first time" for my toes. I made sure I let the lady know it was my first time, because I didn't want to find myself trying to act like I knew the ropes when I didn't. You wouldn't think that going in to have your nails done would be anything other than relaxing...but for me it created a small amount of stress. Too many colors to choose from...what if she insults my feet. As you can see from the photo, my feet are somewhat "tense looking". I have gone barefoot more days than I have probably worn shoes. I have never liked wearing shoes. My feet have hardened over the years. And I have strong toes and use them to pick things up off the floor. (Even after breaking 3 of my toes several years ago) The point of me telling this is that one of the first things she said to me was.. "Just relax your feet". I said ok...but this is about as relaxed as they get. She then handed me a remote control device for the body massage chair thingy. It must have been on super high because my whole body started shaking and bouncing and she looked up at me every once in awhile and laughed. She said "You can play around with it until you find what you like" So I did...but it seemed to have a mind of its own. One speed of wildly shaking. Finally....after many button pushings, I found the off button. Whew...what I relief. Then she asked me if I wanted a design. I said..."I don't know what you mean." She said, "Would you like a flower or a symbol...I can make any design." I said "Well that sounds pretty wild." I am almost 60 years old. She said "Oh your husband will love it." I thought to myself....He will probably think I have lost my damn mind, and I want to become a hippie. So...I opted out of the design, but I was tempted. Just wondered for a minute what it would feel like to be wild and crazy. All in all it was an "okay" experience but I doubt I will do it again. I don't have the patience required to just sit there for an hour or more getting my nails done.


The day I was out in the pool taking the photo of my toes was a beautiful day! No clouds... but a slim view of the moon.

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Well heck you have really pretty feet. I could never show mine on the internet...never! I think they look really nice .

I on the other hand, would never let anybody near my feet.

Mine are big (well I'm big too) and ugly.

The Bug said...

Your toes look great! I've only had a pedicure once. I have very "sensitive" feet - in that if you touch them they're guaranteed to kick you. I have no control over it. However, the pedicure went well. She was impressed with how soft my heels were - I always put lotion on my feet after every shower.

I don't know that I'd want a design either - I'm not ashamed of my feet, but no need to draw attention in that direction!

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, your toe's are looking good, Brenda!

Happy Sunday!

Renie

BJ said...

Oh Brenda....you have pretty feet! I just adore getting a pedicure and if I could afford too....I would every couple of weeks. I hope you don't stop at one time....try another place. The last one I got....the person doing it used a foot and leg scrub....and I tell you...I was in seventh heaven! Maybe the best pedicure I've ever had. Definitely the best foot & leg scrub. It really does relax me.

I justify getting my nails done...because I don't really go out...rarely with my girlfriends...and I don't smoke or partake in alcholic beverages....so I tell myself that I deserve to get my nails or a pedicure ever so often. It does make me feel good....I can not tell a lie. And toesies are so cute when they're all painted up!

Hope you & fam are doing well....I'm sure you're enjoying your babies! Two little beauties!

Star said...

I think you were very brave, getting that done. I have never had my feet seen to either and would like to try it. Maybe one day. I must admit that my feet seem to be getting further away from my body year on year and one day will be totally out of reach, I fear. Yours look very pretty and I like the colour you finally chose for your nails.
I would like to know what it cost for one hours foot pampering?
Blessings, Star

Rudee said...

You have beautiful feet!

I had a mani and pedi yesterday, too. I had trouble with the seat and finally just it off. My back was way too tender for the massage aspects of the darned thing.

I say, go again and get the designs!

Rudee said...

One last thing: do not fear your inner hippie!

Winifred said...

Your feet look great Brenda. Mine are awful, wouldn't dare go for a pedicure or take a photo of them.

Gramma Ann said...

Your feet look great. I like to get a pedicure, but, it's easy for me, because, my granddaughter went to school to learn all the in's and out's of doing the nail painting. She always paints a design on my toes. And I'm almost 10 years older than you! When she got married 5 years ago, she painted flowers on my toes that matched my dress. This spring when we went back to visit the family for 10 days, she again gave me a pedicure and painted a design of some sort on my big toes again. A picture of them is posted on the internet somewhere. I will come back and leave the address. The blog is called Flip-Flop Nation.

Gramma Ann said...

I'm back! the blog address is

http://flip-flop-nation.blogspot.com

Myra said...

pedicure looks great Brenda! My girls and I are going for a manicure and pedicure a couple of days before each of their weddings... It will be my first pedicure too... 8-)

bettyjf1 said...

I think your feet are beautiful! :)
I love getting a pedi . Especially when they do the leg message! Love the color you chose!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever