Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Change Is Near...

Yesterday when I was pulling some weeds I saw this beautiful little white woolly worm.  I ran into the house to retrieve my camera, afraid that when I got back he would be gone.  But...I found him and he posed for me.  This is the first time I have ever seen a white one before and I was very excited.  When I was a little girl I spent hours watching ants build their hills and do their work back and forth...always busy.  I loved observing nature as they were my "toys".  I knew there was a God who created them all and I loved him so much because it was as if he created them just for me.  I developed a personal relationship with our creator at an early age.  Not because my parents or anyone I knew was teaching me these things.  Because it was so clear to me through my own discovery that he was there and mysterious.  I knew then that I didn't need to have an answer to every question, because that would spoil all of the wonderful simple feelings of just being quiet and still in his presence.  Even now at 59 years old, I see something like this woolly worm and know that God is near and we have shared a special moment together.
I titled this post The Change Is Near because woolly worms usually are a sign of weather change.  White ones mean lots of snow.  Another beautiful sight to see.

10 comments:

Patty said...

I don't think I have ever seen a white woolly worm before. I hope it doesn't mean snow that is feet high and not inches high. We had quite a good one this past winter. Not ready for another one. Sorry I haven't been around much, but I am still among the living.

Jo said...

That's a beautiful photo...! I have never seen a white woolly worm before. Goodness...!

We are having a La Niña here, which means a snowy winter. I sure hope so. We had to truck the snow in for the Winter Olympics this past February. Embarrassing!

The Bug said...

I'm with Patty - not TOO much snow please? I've never seen a white wooly worm either - it's gorgeous!

Renie Burghardt said...

I feel as you do about God and his beautiful creations.

Have not seen a woolly worm yet this year, and never saw a white one. I sure do hope it doesn't mean a lot of snow either.

Happy Labor Day weekend. I am spending most of it at the cabin on the river. Lots of tourists around this weekend, too.

Renie

BJ said...

Wow! What a beautiful woolly worm! I have seen coal black ones....but never pure white! I like you....love nature in all forms. I am so looking forward to Fall coming....as the Summer has been long & hot! But I am thankful that I am still around to observe the seasons and enjoy them all.

Reader Wil said...

This is yhe first time I've seen a woolly worm, let alone a white one! Thanks for sharing, Brenda.

Rudee said...

What a great photo, Brenda!

While I appreciate that this fellow speaks of snow, I hope that it waits awhile and only snows after I'm finished working for the night.

Sure glad I bought that Ford Escape.

Gramma Ann said...

I've never seen a white wooly worm either. It is rather cute. But, I hope it is wrong about snow, we had enough last winter to last a lifetime.

I agree with you about God's creations, and at Romans 1:20 it says: "For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world's creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable." So as it says, anyone who doesn't believe in the Creator, it is 'inexcusable' because His creations are there for all to see.

Brenda said...

Thanks everyone for your visits. I guess I was not the only one to have never seen a white one. Oops....I forgot about the snow last year. Our area didn't get what many of the rest of you got though, so it may be our turn. It is still pretty, but not the dangerous parts of it of course. Ann....I always think of "Be still and know that I am God" when I happen upon these moments. I enjoyed what you shared also!

Sandy said...

I feel the same way Brenda.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever