Monday, September 13, 2010

I Would Like for Time To Stand Still....Please....


I am really really having a hard time letting the summer go this year!  I know I need to just accept it and give in to it.....but for some reason I just do not want to face Fall and Winter.  I love going around with short sleeves and sandals and looking outside at GREENERY mixed in with beautiful flowers.  Winter is just one color to me here in Missouri and it is BROWN or dormant colored.  I did get to go to the Zoo at least 3 times this year and to our beautiful Shaw's Botanical Garden a couple of times.....but...I just don't want to wait until Spring of 2011 to go back  I think I am going to be pacing like this Cheetah....waiting for signs of Spring.
Or hiding out like this black bear.

9 comments:

Gail said...

...and the summer was so hot here, who wanted outside? I want some of these cool, pleasant days to be our winter.

Renie Burghardt said...

I'm with you about wanting time to stand still. Summer was very hot, but I absolutely hate winter, and it will be here much too soon.

Hugs,

Renie

PS. Great pictures.

Sandy said...

But just think, you have all that pretty snow. Each state, each season offers something, and I love looking at all of your snow photos along with others that live where it snows.

For me, I'm glad I'm in So CAl...

I can see green all year long but then again that can get boring.

but then I go to the mountains.

Remember though, you don't have Santa Ana winds, forest fires, droughts and horrid traffic.

Rudee said...

I'm with you, Brenda. In an advance moment of thought, I had the car prepped for winter.

...Sigh...

On the other hand, I do love autumn and the color change. I guess if we didn't have the death of all that's green, we wouldn't appreciate the rebirth of spring.

Here's hoping for a mild winter and some great New England colors for your tour.

Myra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myra said...

previous comment delete by me... spelling mistakes...

It could be worse Brenda... It could be all white... for 6 months... like we have... I'd take your brown any day!!! 8-)
I agree though, I'm not ready for this seasonal change... 8-(

The Bug said...

I'm struggling too! I had thought that I would be excited for the seasonal change with all this picture taking we're doing - but I don't wanna have to wear a coat & slide on ice & drive in snow! What's sad is that snow & ice is at LEAST three months away. I just need to give it up & start enjoying the cooler temps of fall LOL.

The Bug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SY said...

the winter is a sad place.. imagine growing up in a city that receives feet of snow every winter and no snow days.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever