Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Busy Schedule..


This month is going to be very busy for me.  I spend 3 days a week with my grand daughters and the spare days are going to be filled either going to a dentist or doctor.  The good news is that about one week will be spent on  vacation time.  We are going to Des Moines for the weekend and I will attend a Quilt Show and my daughter will go to visit friends.  Then towards the end of the month Bob and I will take a bus tour to the east coast to see Gettysburg, some shrines, and the National Baseball Hall of Fame.  I have never been on a tour bus before, but I have heard they can be very nice and comfortable.  We will be sleeping on the bus 2 of the 6 nights.  I plan on bringing some sleep aids, because I rarely sleep well when I am not at home.  I don't always sleep well when I am at home some nights.  I plan on making the best of it because I love getting away.  It seems most of the time we stick pretty close to a regular routine, so it is good to do something a little adventurous sometimes. 
I am still working on the knitted blanket for Kayla.  I had a free day awhile back to sew a Cinderella dress for Maddie because she loves to pretend and wear hats, etc.  But the strange thing is...she isn't very interested in putting this dress on.  I thought she would love to dress up...but so far she just likes wearing hats, and maybe a cape or scarf.  Maybe next year she will be more interested.  Anyway...the dress is pretty cute if I do say so myself.  I will just have to talk her into putting it on so I can at least get a picture of her in it.

5 comments:

The Bug said...

I would love to see the dress - I'll bet it IS cute.

Your trips sound like fun. I LOVE the Gettysburg area - very nice country there. Of course, the battlefield is really interesting too. I haven't been there in nearly 20 years though - who knows what it looks like!

Rudee said...

Wow, that's quite a schedule. I hope Maddie changes her mind about that dress. Maybe she will in time for Halloween.

Sandy said...

I think, she will probably get into her dress much more at 3 1/2 to 4. That's how it has been with the girls in the family.

Your trip sounds great, what fun!! How about bathrooms, will there be plenty of privacy, ya know..

Renie Burghardt said...

I would love to see Maddie in the dress as well.

Your trip sounds like great fun. I'm sure you will enjoy it. And the quilt show, too. We took a bus to Dearborn, Michigan, a few years ago. And it was fun. Well, didn't get too much sleep, but didn't really care.

Have a great weekend!

Renie

Winifred said...

You are going to be busy Brenda. Hope your feet don't swell on the bus, mine are terrible if I'm in the car or on a bus or plane for any length of time.
The only thing I've heard about Des Moines is what Bill Bryson said "I come from Des Moines. Someone had to!" Surely it can't be that bad. Anyway enjoy the quilt show Brenda.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever