Saturday, November 20, 2010

Airport Scanners

This week on the news I heard the same two stories over and over.  One was about the engagement of  William and Kate and the other was the Airport Scanners.  I got this photo from Wiki Commons, but let me tell you...there are some disturbing images on the web already.  Just google airport scanners and find out.  I may never fly again.  My favorite story was a older gentleman that said that he had no problem with going through the scanner, because if anyone got turned on by his body...God bless them.  I would think the same thing about myself...but this is just not right.  I really wish we could think of a better way to fly safe without these scanners and pat downs.  Maybe we should just invent the flying car that I always thought would already be here by the year 2010.  Meet George Jetson.....

6 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

The patdowns are even worse then the scanners, I think. Strangers feeling one all over, ugh! I used to love the Jetsons, well, my kids did, and I watched it with them often. So I'm with you on flying cars! LOL

I worked like a dog today, getting ready for next week, and am pooped. Time for a little telly in bed!

Enjoy your Sunday. I am not working tomorrow. Just church, and a nice Sunday lunch in our favorite Bistro!

Rudee said...

I'd worry about repetitive scanning. Glad I don't fly often.

As for the need for pat downs and scanning-it's the sad price we pay for the times in which we live. We can't afford to forget 9/11 or even last Christmas.

Rositta said...

My Daughter-in-law, 3yr old daughter, parents and two nieces had planned a trip to Disney for March break. That has now been canceled. My DIL has just successfully (hope) beaten thyroid cancer and my son figures she doesn't need any more radiation. He also didn't like the idea of his "girls" being groped. I have heard a few Canadians say that they won't be flying to the U.S. any time soon. Personally, I won't either. Guess what...the terrorists have won...ciao

Brenda said...

Thanks for your visits Renie and Rudee! You know Rositta I wondered the same thing. Time will tell where this all leads...

Sandy said...

How funny, I just put some stuff up at my blog about this issue. I'm pissed as hell....

What will we Americans accept next down the road we're being led.

Outrageous!

bettyjf1 said...

One more reason for me NOT to fly. I sure don't get scanning or "patting down" of pilots though.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever