Monday, November 8, 2010

Holiday Shopping

This year I am getting an early start with my Holiday Shopping.  With two little grand daughters to buy for it is so much fun.  They are still at an age where they don't really understand the meaning of Christmas and I am not sure if Maddie even remembers last Christmas.  But right after Thanksgiving I plan on having the family over for a meal and a Christmas tree decoration Sunday.  I am thinking about trying to make some of those old fashioned tree decorations with Maddie like paper chains and cut out snowflakes.

I know she won't be able to use scissors or do much more than paste the chains together.  But maybe she will enjoy doing something fun with the tree.  I will have to give it some more thought.  I already know one dish I have been having a craving for that I hope to make.  Cheesecake.  Should I make regular served with fruit or pumpkin cheesecake.  Maybe both...

4 comments:

RWV said...

Pumpkin Cheese Cake. Yes. Pumpkin Cheese Cake.

Rudee said...

If it's anything like Halloween, I'd say Maddie is going to really enjoy this Christmas.

The Bug said...

I vote for pumpkin cheesecake too! Maddie is going to have the BEST Christmas!

Renie Burghardt said...

Love the picture! I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, and this year my birthday falls right on it. But I am looking forward to it, because my daughter and granddaughters will be here, besides my son Greg. Joe was here in October. Anyway, my granddaughers, 14 and 20, will put up my tree, like they do every year. And it's always so much fun to have them here.

Maddie will enjoy making Christmas decorations, and I vote for pumpkin cheesecake as well!

Have a great rest of the week.

Renie

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever