Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Am Movie Star Stupid...

Monday I went to the dentist to have a tooth fixed.   The dental assistant started the process of numbing the area to be worked on and handed me some magazines to look at while it took effect.  She offered me People and Us and showed me all the latest covers.  I told her any of them would do because I don't usually read them.  I started really getting into them and was disappointed when the dentist came in.  I had to put my magazine aside and think about the Bill Cosby "Himself" video.  The part about the dentist always cracks me up.  And when I go to the dentist I am almost always thinking about that video, because they try to talk to you and expect you to respond when your mouth is numb or otherwise wide open and the best you can do is mutter a grunting noise and or a nod of the head or roll of the eyes.
Over the weekend Bob and I went to a Trivia night with his former boss/owner of the company and his wife and daughter and grand daughter.  This was our first time of going to one of these Trivia night events.  We didn't do all that great.  They ask questions about Harry Potter which I know nothing about, and maybe some movie stars we aren't familiar with.  Also I think one of the questions was about a rap artist...don't know any of these.  Even cartoon characters...like Green Lantern.  Who is he???  The next time we attend I think we need to read some of these People magazines.  I found out from reading them at the dentist office that Brad is about 10 years older than Angela.  So I am armed with at least one little tidbit of info.  I have a lot of catching up to do........

6 comments:

Rudee said...

I hope your mouth is recovering from the assault.

I watched one of those Hollywood shows the other day. I didn't know 90% of the "stars". Sheesh. I really have to stop knitting so much and pay more attention to what the beautiful people are doing, wearing and saying. Not.

The Bug said...

Oh but I LOVE Harry Potter! Probably not enough to survive any trivia game about him though...

I also LOVE that Bill Cosby routine - we always howled at that as children. Dad is Great! Gives us chocolate cake!

Gigi Ann said...

I am so Movie Star Stupid, however, I don't really care. The only time I look at People mag. is when I go to the hair-dresser. I look at the pictures and wonder if I live in a cocoon, or something.

As far as trivia, we always play one of the older sets of it, none of us know the newer questions. And Harry Potter, don't know anything about him and don't really want to know anything about him. I think I am getting old.. ; )

Sandy said...

I actually am hooked on gossip blogs about stars. I have several I visit almost every day. I was never like this in the past and I don't buy any but because it's just a click away, I'm enjoying the on line ones.

Katy said...

I can't tell you the number of times I've seen something about celebraties scroll acorss the bottom of a news program and thought... "who the heck is that?"

I could have been of use to you on Harry Potter and Green Lanter... I guess I'm all about people who don't actually excist.

Sandra said...

Yeah, People magazine will get you through many tight spots! :)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever