Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Think We Moved to the Country Over Night...

This is a terrible picture but if I had opened the door to get a better one...well...I just wasn't that brave.  I have never seen a raccoon this close before and I did not know they were this BIG.  It looked bigger than our 30 lbs dog Clifford.  We were getting a kick out of seeing the kittens and the Mommy come by for food...but I don't think I am ready for a raccoon here.  If we lived in the country and had land it would be different, but we live in a subdivision with the houses close together.  Sure we have lots of big trees all over and I love to watch the squirrels jump from limb to limb and from tree to tree...and rabbits every where, and beautiful birds stopping by our windows.. sitting in our trees.....but I don't know anything about raccoons.  Are they nice?  I know Renie will know.  So I hope you stop by Renie and tell me about them.

3 comments:

Rudee said...

No good deed goes unpunished... The kitties told the other animals that they found someone willing to feed them all.

Raccoons can cause a lot of damage, especially if they find shelter inside the attic.

The Bug said...

I second Rudee - probably not a great idea to have one hanging around. Just look at the havoc they can wreak in your fridge! Or is that just the Over the Hedge Comic strip?

Renie Burghardt said...

Handsome fellow, your coon visitor! It's really not that unusual to see them in suburbia, Brenda. It's probably best to ignore him, but I couldn't. Many wild animals are now in cities, for their habitats have been taken, so where are they to go? Even deer and wild turkeys roam the gardens and even streets. I feel sorry for them. But that's just me.

Not a bad picture at all. He is a beautiful animal, probably a male. Toss him a piece of bread, if you're kind hearted, or just ignore him, and he'll go looking elsewhere.

Have a good evening.

Renie

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever