Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unusually Warm Weather Here In Missouri


Our weather here has been very strange for November this week.  Beautiful!   It has reached 70 degrees with a low of 48.  We have had our windows open and the fresh air feels wonderful.  I hope I will be able to get down to our Zoo to see the new baby giraffe that was born in September.  His name is Desi and he was 6 feet tall and weighed 136 pounds.  Male giraffes reach 16 to 18 feet so he stills has some growing to do.  Many of our fall colors are just now starting to glow.  Normally our peak time is the 3rd week of October.  I have an enormous amount of dusting to do the next couple of days with the windows open.  We have a lot of books on shelves that I only get around to dusting maybe every other year if I am lucky.  Bob took one off the shelve last weekend and I was reminded that I can't put it off any longer.  I hope I can get it all done in one day so that I can have a fun outdoor play day on Friday!

3 comments:

Rudee said...

Desi is so cute! Enjoy the weather. It's drizzling and chilly here--drilly--and I can't seem to stay warm.

The Bug said...

Ooh - I'm going to steal "drilly" if we ever have that kind of weather again. We're having the same kind you are - beautiful, practically warm. My boss & I have decided that it should just stay like this, except we'd like one big snow in January.

Renie Burghardt said...

Desi is cute!

We reached 78 again today, and tomorrow still in the 70s before the cold front brings rain and much cooler weather over the weekend. Still a lot of leaves on the trees too. The coming rain will probably get a lot of them down.

I love this weather and dread winter!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever