Friday, December 17, 2010

I Am Smitten With These Kittens




I have a feeling these cats have found their way into my heart.  I really do not want any more pets...in the house.  BUT....as much as I have tried to forget about their well being, I have been feeding them daily, worrying about them, and watching to see if they will come back.  And when I see them, I say a prayer of thanks, that they are still surviving.  This is one reason why I would never be able to have a farm with animals.  They would all probably have names and I would never sleep if I thought they were not well.  So, I am going to see if my family will agree for me to take care of them outside.  Which will mean trips to the vet to get them fixed and checkups, and possibly a collar to show ownership.  I will need to build them an insulated home with catnip planted all around the house.  I am half way kidding here.  I don't have a clue how to take care of outside cats properly.  I called every shelter I knew of to take them and they were all full.  I can keep trying maybe after Christmas to see if they have any openings.  They are just so darn cute!!

9 comments:

Sandy said...

ohhh they are darling. The white one looks so much like my beannie did when she was a baby. I saved off some of these pics to draw if that's okay. I wish I was nearby - I'd help you with them. We could share the duties and expense.

Katy said...

They are so pretty. Maddie's going to love them! Will they let you approach them?

Sandy said...

I have a mission if you choose to accept it (haha)...If you could take pics of that white one and post them ever so often, she can be a model for my Bean report..

Brenda said...

Sandy,
You should move right behind me. The house is for sale and is currently empty. Or...I could bring them to California...that sounds better. You have better weather. Ha And yes....the Bean Report mission will be fun and not impossible. My daughter the photographer will snap some good ones, if she is here when the kitten come out.

Katy,
I really haven't tried to get them to come to me since they first arrived when I tried to get them to go to the front porch and couldn't catch them. They look at me from the window and I think they might come to me. If they ever do...then I am hooked for sure. I wonder if Maddie would be allergic if they were outside cats?

Myra said...

Awwww.... how good of you to feed them Brenda!!! Are they all kittens, of is it a mama and 2 kittens?

Rudee said...

I want that white kitty, please.

Sandy said...

Well it would be fun to live over the fence from you. I think we have lots in common like beautiful granddaughters.

Yeah...will love to see more pics whenever you get some...

Winifred said...

It's such a shame to see cats abandoned like that. It's kind of you to look after them Brenda.

We adopted an old cat that had wandered the streets for a long time. He used to fight with our other tom cat and wouldn't let me near until one day I could see he was ill and I managed to catch him & take him to the vet. The vet was great and treated him for nothing. I had to keep him inside while he had his treatment and then I got him neutered. He was gorgeous and hardly ever went out after that. He followed me around the house continuously mewing for food bless him.

Have a lovely Christmas Brenda, the cats are in good hands with you.

Reader Wil said...

I am with you about pets. The moments that we were worrying about a cat missing were numerous. Once a cat was missing and we were looking everywhere, even in the sheds of the neighbours. Then we remembered that we went for a walk and he walked with us till the end of the street. We came back via an other way.Remembering this we went to the end of the road and there he was, so happy to see us. He had been waiting for hours.Such a faithful animal.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever