Monday, December 6, 2010

Missing Color Already...

It seems like yesterday that our back yard looked like this.  Actually it was just about 3 weeks ago.  Now the leaves are all on the ground and the temps are in the teens.  No snow yet but I am sure it is coming.  In spite of the weather, I managed to get up today and feel very good...spiritually.   I still have a sore throat and cold and body aches.   I went to the dentist today for my final filling and left feeling really good about what a great dentist he is.  About this time last year I went to a really bad dentist, who over charged and did sloppy work.  This dentist I have now almost does the opposite.  He does excellent work...he checks and rechecks and checks again to make sure it is done right.  He also...dare I say it...almost undercharges.  Wow...what a difference a year makes.  We also are getting very close to the completion of our church renovations and will hopefully be back in our church by Christmas.  We got the tree up and the decorations all out yesterday.  Maddie and her Daddy made a gingerbread house together, while the rest us of enjoyed watching them.  Kayla is getting close to talking and likes to scream.  Right now it is hilarious.  Life is good for today.

3 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

I'm with you, I miss the beautiful fall colors! It got freezing cold now, and my pond has thin ice on it.

My daughter and granddaughters got both of my trees up while here. One in the living room, one in my sunroom, where my laptop resides. I enjoy it while sitting here and surfing.

Glad you found a great dentist, too.

Have a good week.

Renie

The Bug said...

Glad you had a good dental experience. My last one botched a filling & I'm waiting until my next regular appointment to go to a new dentist to get it fixed. Hope it's not too traumatic!

Sandy said...

beautiful photo...glad you are feeling spiritually great! Feeling like that makes everything else fall in line.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever