Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Feel Like A Caged Bird...

Our weather has been all over the place.  We had a few days of 70 degree weather and things were starting to look up and then ice and snow AGAIN.  I long for the day when I can go visit the animals at the zoo...stroll around the Botanical Gardens and just walk and browse through some stores on Main Street.  Taking the grand daughters to the park or swimming will be nice also.  Most of the time I am pretty content to just stay at home and read, knit or sew and watch some television.  When I was younger and we had bad weather a stroll through the mall or anything indoors would get me through...but those things just do not appeal to me anymore.  The nicer places to do that like the Art Museum or Science Center or History Museum are all in the city of St. Louis and I don't drive there by myself anymore.  I just heard on the news yesterday that families are moving out of the city and into the counties because the school systems are not as good as the counties.  It used to be that people moved out to the county because you could find more affordable homes.  All in all I still count my blessings because we have a good life and our children live nearby and we get to see our grand children every week.  But sometimes......I really wish we lived somewhere with better climate.  I have been watching a lot of Netflix in the past month or so.  I have gotten hooked on Mad Men.  I could do a whole post just about that show.  Like most movies and TV shows it reveals a little too much for my taste as far as showing people having sex, etc.  But I try to get past all of that and just get all caught up with the characters and the time setting.  It starts out in 1960 and I think each season progresses a couple of years.  I like seeing the memories of those years...with the fashions and cars and the TV's and appliances. Of course these people on the show are living in New York and working in an advertising firm.  In the 60's... in my world...I lived on a farm with acres and acres of land to explore.  And I was only 9 years old.  These characters are in their 20's and 30's and beyond.  I haven't been spending very much time on the computer lately...I don't know why other than I just don't have a lot of free time and have shifted my interest to TV watching and knitting when I have time to relax.  It is just a phase I think.  I do enjoy blogging and visiting blogs so I think I will get back into it at some point.  Maybe I have a lack of vitamin D and the sunshine will revive me.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

There is something wrong with blogger and I can't fix the font double spacing!

Rudee said...

I know how being caged feels. Back to work Monday--just in time for another storm. This time rain and thunderstorms. That should be nice for a sloppy mess.

I miss summer. I miss Florida.

The Bug said...

We had some snow yesterday - not too much, but obviously that meant that it was cold enough to snow. Spring will come spring will come spring will come... If I say it often enough I might even believe it!

The Bug said...

BTW - we have a Nikon D5000 camera. We bought an extra long lens so we could zoom in pretty well. Most of the pics that Dr. M takes are with the bigger lens.

Gigi Ann said...

I think we are all counting the days until spring, in the meantime I have been reading a lot of books. I don't care much for the TV shows that are offered, therefore, the reading of the books. However, I love reading, so I have been enjoying myself, or should I say indulging myself in books. If you visit my blog http:butterfliesandcandles.blogspot.com you can view a list of books I read this winter to keep me busy.

Have a nice week-end.

Renie Burghardt said...

It's been a heck of a cold winter in my part of the Ozarks. Not that much snow, but the arctic cold kept coming and coming. Anymore, I despise winter. Today it's cloudy and 70, but the forecast is giving a dire forecast for overnight, with tornadoes possible. Guess I won't get any sleep tonight.

Have a good week. Hope the weather your way won't be too bad.


Hugs,

Renie

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever