Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Iced Trees and some baking...


All day long we have listened to the sound of ice hitting the windows and house and the view outside is starting to remind me of the ice storm we had a few years ago.  We lost a few trees that year as did just about everyone.  It sounded like a war zone when the branches cracked loudly and fell everywhere.  I am praying that we will not have a repeat of that year with this storm.


We haven't stepped a little toe outside yet, but it is still midday.  I decided to do something productive like bake these Oatmeal Scotchies.  They used to be one of my favorite cookies years ago, but today they just didn't do it for me.  This weather is really wearing me down mentally.  NEED SUNSHINE!!!


My mental stability has been saved by Netflix and knitting.  I am attempting to make a lacy knit baby blanket.  It is a challenge but keeps my mind focused and patience level tuned up.

6 comments:

Rudee said...

The tree looks beautiful clad in ice. Stay safe, Brenda. Hope you keep your power!

RWV said...

How are the kittens doing?

Brenda said...

Thanks Rudee! You too!

RWV
Kittens are good.

Renie Burghardt said...

Trees look beautiful, and the cookies look yummy. But I'm with you, I've had it with winter! At least it's February, and spring is not such a distant season, anymore.

Stay warm!

Hugs,

Renie

The Bug said...

Well, just ship those cookies over to our house :)

I was able to go to work today, but I'm guessing tomorrow I'll be staying home. Fine by me! As long as we don't lose power...

Sandy said...

Ohhh hope you are warming up there by now...but I think I read about another storm coming through. For your sake I hope not. The cookies look delicious!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever