Thursday, February 17, 2011

Melting Snow and Ice Finally...


Yesterday it got up to 70 and I had the windows open and furnace turned off.  Yeah!!!!   What a long long winter it has been.  The kittens have survived the outdoors living in the hole under our porch through ice and freezing temperatures.  Every morning I have brought them food and water and had supplied a shelter for them although they preferred the hole.  I had even opened the door for awhile to see if they would just come in the house.  They won't.  I have sat outside in freezing weather trying to get them to come to me.  They didn't.  They have been here since Thanksgiving so they must be about 3 months or maybe 4.    I have added the plush little beds for them and as you can see they seem to appreciate them.  I know they wait for me to come out and feed them bright and early every day...but when I open the door they hiss at me and then run under the house.


But they sit on our step and watch us through the patio door.  They are so cute.  I love to watch them wrestle with each other and play with leaves and rocks and what ever they can amuse themselves with.    Maybe this summer they will warm up to me and I can start to run an ad to find them a home.  I have to catch them first to get them somewhere.  Anyway...it was so nice to wake up this morning and see that the snow and ice was finally all melted!

5 comments:

The Bug said...

They are cute :)

It's 64 degrees here - woo hoo!

Sandy said...

ohhhh they are so darn cute, thanks for the update!! And how sweet of you to give them such a cozy bed. You aren't thinking of keeping them for yourself and just letting them be outside cats?

loved the photos.

Renie Burghardt said...

The kittens are beautiful! Glad they survived the winter. Hope you can find them a home. Remember, they will grow up and have kittens of their own, if left as they are. Of course, you have to catch them to have them altered, so it's a toughie.

We didn't have a lot of snow, but the relentless, bitter cold was unbearable already. I am happy about the warmer weather.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Renie

Rudee said...

I won't brag on the weather I'm enjoying. I'm flying home to rain/snow mix though, so don't feel too badly for me when I tell you it's 80, sunny and the water temp jumped from 58 to 65 degrees in 3 days.

Hate to break it to you Brenda, but those kitties already look like they have a home, don't they? ;-)

THE OLD GEEZER said...

Greetings from Southern California.

I added myself to follow your blog.
You are more than welcome to visit mine
and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever