Thursday, March 17, 2011

Maddie and Grandma at the Zoo

Maddie is as tall as a river otter! When I measure her here she is actually 3' 2".

In the Children Zoo area she enjoyed planting these artificial flowers in the flower bed. This brought back memories for me, growing up on a nursery. We had lots of very large beds for flowers.


This is a very cool little shed for children.


And a very cool log cabin. If I had a lot of land I would build these for the girls.

Here she is in the log cabin with her salad items.

Time to gather some dirt.

Some of these kids were really getting into this.
One little girl told me this was her "job" and she HAD to do all of this gardening.
I told her she was doing an awesome job!

Maddie was getting a little afraid of the wandering turtle.
It was coming right at her..... much faster than I thought turtles moved.

Watch out Mom and Dad. These days will come sooner than you think!

This goat was so funny. He had a curly horn in the middle of his head.
He was sitting on the bench like a cat or dog sits on furniture. Silly guy.

Maddie loved brushing the goats.

Come back here Mr. Goat!

I never knew goats were so gentle. And loved brushing.


She is now old enough to want to hang on the fence.


We went in the Monkey House, but the monkeys were not there. The smell was however.

Maddie was talking to this goat. She said..."Hi little goat. My name is Maddie" "Don't be so shy. I won't hurt you." "Awwww....you are just so precious.

Here she is telling me she wants to take this goat home.
It is shy and she needs to take care of it, she said.

I told her I thought it would be better here in the fresh air.
She petted it's ear and said goodbye.

On the way home I asked her what her favorite part of the day was.
She said, "When I held my pee pee in until I got to the potty."
I said...."Yeah...I know what you mean".
Love her!

5 comments:

Rudee said...

Oh, my! How did that happen so fast? She's such a big girl, Brenda.

Thanks for sharing a precious piece of your heart.

The Bug said...

I love these pictures! Looks like she had a great time. LOL at her last comment - that would be my best part too :)

Gigi Ann said...

Maddie is just so cute, she is growing up so fast. What a fun day you two had. Thanks for sharing the fun with us.

Patty said...

I'm sitting here chuckling to myself, at Maddie's best part of the day. I to know what she means. Aren't grandkids great! Glad you both had fun.

Sandy said...

What a doll. I swear, there are some pics she reminds me of Holly, my oldest granddaughter. She is just so cute and I bet had such a good time at the zoo, (I'm sure you did too.). In a couple weeks I'm going to have all seven of my grandkids together plus Hannah my great niece. Wish I could take them all to the zoo.

I enjoyed seeing Maddie's photos.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever