Saturday, March 26, 2011

What a Bummer....

 It is hard to finds the words for the disappointing upcoming week of cold weather.

Overcast
33°F
Snow
40° | 27°
Sun
Partly Sunny
40° | 27°
Mon
Mostly Sunny
47° | 34°
Tue
Chance of Rain
40° | 31°


Glad the turtle in his warm glass house finds it amusing.

Seriously....our beautiful spring show of flowers and budding colorful trees got hit with snow yesterday.  The grass is green and people have started to mow and fertilize their lawns.  One of our most beautiful Missouri trees is in bloom. 



Photo property of Katy Hess
The Magnolia.

I know things could be much much worse....but it has been a long winter......

5 comments:

Rudee said...

I hear ya, sister. I'm so tired of it, too. Yesterday, the blinding sun was setting in the west while I was driving through a snow squall. It was the most bizarre thing to need sunglasses in a snowstorm. Nothing much is growing here, so our plants are safe. Hope you don't lose anything.

Sandy said...

I feel for you, I really do. We have had cloudy cold rainy days for several days, well over a week... I'm so ready for warmth again.

Sandy said...

by the way that photo of the magnolia is gorgeous - your Katy took that? It looks like.

Brenda said...

Thanks Rudee and Sandy. Sandy, yes our daughter Katy took that photo. She is really talented and may go professional, so I try and protect her photos if I use them here.

Renie Burghardt said...

Yes, I am so sick of winter! Two days ago it was 80 and today it was 42, and torrentail rains. Tonight the low will be 30, so the pear tree and peach trees, in full bloom now, may get zapped. Beautiful pictures here and in the upper post too. Guess March is going out like a lion!

Keep warm, Brenda!

Hugs,

Renie

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever