Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lambert Airport


Thank you to all of my blogger friends who have emailed me about our tornadoes last night.  We are fine.  We were at church when the sirens went off.  At first we went in the basement and then when we thought we were safe enough.. we relocated to the church.  As the service was underway...the sirens went off again and I wondered if our beautiful service would be interrupted.  We had a short power outage and I could see high winds and lightening out the window but our priest gave a beautiful homily and I felt very safe.  Even if the building had been hit...I still felt a sense of calmness...that everything was okay.  Unfortunately...many homes were damaged and our airport is closed indefinitely.   I haven't heard of any deaths as of yet...but many injuries.  We still have rain today and rain is in the forecast for the next 3 days.  We have flood warnings out.  I suppose we will just deal with things as they happen.  God Bless....and thanks again for your concern.  I am so blessed to have such dear friends that I may never meet face to face, but our souls have met through this blogging world.  Hugs!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

WHEW...glad to hear you and the family are okay..sorry for those injured or losing houses.

The Bug said...

I was thinking about you last night, but didn't even occur to me to send an email. Sometimes I'm just floating through this world with no actual connection to it :)

I'm so glad you're safe - I think church is a great place to be in a storm. We don't really have anywhere safe in our house - one interior closet big enough for me, but I told Mike he could think again if he was putting me in there without him - we're in this together!

Rudee said...

I'm so glad you're safe and sound. The pictures on the news this morning were tragic.

Stay dry!

Renie Burghardt said...

We were under a tornado watch till 1 AM again, last night. I am exhausted by staying up late and worrying. I was shocked to see all the damage in St. Louis. Thank the Good Lord you and yours are okay, snd no one was klled. And, yes, the rains are to continue till Wednesday, here. Heavy rains. Stay safe and dry, and have a Happy Easter!

Hugs!

Renie,

Gigi Ann said...

When I heard the news today I kept thinking about you and Renie and hoping you and your families were safe, I am so glad to see that all is well.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever