Saturday, April 30, 2011

No Quilt Show this year.....

I was not able to attend this year's Quilt Show in Kentucky...one that I have tried to go to for the past 20 plus years. The river was too high to have it at the location they usually have it...so they had to spread it out in various locations and I did not think I would be able to get to all of them in one day. It is rare that you can get a hotel room when the show is there. I heard that there were some people flooded out of their homes, so they needed a room more than we did anyway. So Bob and I went to the Botanical Gardens and took our time walking around. I was going to put some photos up but I have been having a lot of trouble loading photos on blogger for the past few weeks. Sometimes they come up but most of the time they don't. The photo that I did get to come up is of our hallway mirror and a reflection of a chair we have had for about 34 years. I watched the news finally as I was catching up on some ironing today. The tornado in Alabama was just awful. And the deaths of over 300 people so sad. The world has sure had some awful disasters from earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes and floods this past year. It makes missing a Quilt Show seem so trivial...

3 comments:

Rudee said...

So sorry the weather put a crimp in your plans. I look forward to your photos. It's still too cold to do much around here.

Those storms were a fearsome sight.

Renie Burghardt said...

Sorry you missed the Quilt Show, but the Botanical Gardens sound nice. The weather has been so awful, as if it is some omen this year. Didn't go to church this morning because I am just too tired to drive today. So I went back to bed for a while. The tornadoes were just devastating. I feel so bad for all the people affected by them. Take care!

The Bug said...

I'm sorry you're having trouble with blogger - it really is hit or miss sometimes. Hope you enjoyed the gardens :)

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever