Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things are beginning to look better outside,,,,

 Today I decided to get the cover off of the pool by myself...because rain is in the forecast for the next few days, and because... about this time of the year...I just can't stand to look at the dirty pool cover anymore.  It was not an easy job to do solo...but.. I did have a choice.  My husband would have helped me on Sunday if the rain would have held off...but I guess I just got too impatient.  My back hurts...but it is done.  All we have to do is finish filling up the pool...which the rain will most likely do...and then start shocking it and vacuuming it.

I am still known as the "cat woman" here, because I have continued to
feed the kittens that showed up here last Thanksgiving and a few other strays.
  

 This is what we think is the Family.  
The mother is eating on the right hand corner of the photo, 
and the two kittens with their tails up 
and the Dad in the back.
 
About a month or so ago, I was out driving and saw a photo and number for a lost cat posted near a stop sign.  I circled around again and got the number of the owner, and called him.  The photo looked just like this cat.  When the man came over and showed me a close up photo of his cat...I knew it wasn't the same cat.  He was really disappointed but he stayed and chatted for awhile.  I told him about my dilemma with these cats and kittens and trying to find them homes.  He said that if you don't get them as soon as they are weened from the mothers they become feral and cannot be house cats.  He also told me about a friend of his who Traps, Neuters and Releases them.  This will be my next mission for these cats.  I am going to try to see if I can get some help with the Human Society with the traps and neuter process.


I sure hope they are good swimmers if they fall in the pool.  They are already curious.

4 comments:

Rudee said...

I like that kitty with the three white socks. You're going to have your hands full if they don't get fixed. By next summer, you'll be the swinging cat hotel.

I'm jealous of the pool. It looks so inviting--even though I know it's not pool weather yet. I don't blame you for getting it over with to enjoy it that much sooner.

The Bug said...

I wish I had access to a pool - everyone says it's the best thing for people with joint issues. But it's TOO COLD here for one right now - brrr!

Is that wisteria in the background? Lovely!

Brenda said...

Rudee,
That cat is so pretty. I have a feeling someone lost it. It looks very healthy. The swinging cat hotel...hahah Yes...I have to get these cats fixed soon! I just need the time to do it. Don't be too jealous of the pool. It is a lot of work and I don't have as many days as one would think to enjoy it.

Dana,
Yes, that is our wisteria. It is our privacy fence. Swimming helps and it is fun. If you lived close you could come over. I am so over weight, I would be embarrassed to go to the YMCA. But here....I don't care.

bettyjf1 said...

The cats are adorable.. Loving the pool

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever