Sunday, April 3, 2011

Warm and Windy Day

Today we were suppose to have 80 degree temps, but I think it got into the 90's.  Very very windy also and I am really hoping that we won't have a tornado.  So far I haven't heard of any heading this way.  Bob and I went down on Main Street to have lunch and then for a short drive in between some other activities he had planned later in the afternoon.  I have posted some photos in the past of a development in St. Charles called New Town.  It is such an interesting place!  Every time I go there I am so impressed with it.  And I always say the same thing.....I just don't see myself ever living there.  But I still love to go there and look.

I have never gone inside any of these homes.  Later in the day Katy and I went back out there to see if we could see any displays.  They didn't have any right now, but she told us to come back in the summer.  Look at the house on the left with the large porches on both floors.  That just looks so interesting to me.
 


There are so many different styles to choose from.  These are row houses. (I think)  It looks like they have 2 and a half floors.  I really wonder what that top level is like.

 These look like 3 floor condos.  There are small inexpensive homes, mansions, 3 and 4 bedroom homes, town homes, apartments, condos, lots of things to look at.  The colors of the homes and styles are really attractive.  These are my memories of how I spent my day today.  Tomorrow I have to stay home and clean the house, and iron...blah...blah..blah.  I ordered a pair of glasses last week.  I want to wear them half the time and half the time contacts.  I also started a diet a week ago called the HCG diet.  So far I haven't lost anything.  And.....I am obsessed with Mad Men.  I watch it almost every evening and knit.  Tonight I saw a big mistake in the blanket that I am not happy with.  I plan on taking a picture of it tomorrow if I have time.  Sometimes things just look different when you take a photo of it.

4 comments:

Rudee said...

New Town looks interesting. I love those porches!

I work tomorrow, but Sara is coming by in the morning to play Donkey Kong with me for a bit. It's good to start the week laughing.

The Bug said...

Those are really interesting houses. I think I'd really enjoy a nice front portch.

Renie Burghardt said...

We had 80 degrees and lots of sun yesterday, a gorgeous day for church and lunch with friends. Then this morning we were under a tornado watch, as a cold front came through. Luckily, no tornadoes, but it got chilly! Low will be in mid-30s tonight, then warming up again. Spring has sprung, I guess.

Interesting picture of the homes. I can't see myself living in any of them either, but then, I'm used to having trees for neighbors.

Watching DWS! Later...

Sandy said...

I've ever seen Mad Men - maybe I should try it.

Love love love all these photos, beautiful condos, townhomes.etc....

love them all.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever