Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cats and Birds and a Black Swan

 

I took a photo of a black swan at the zoo the other day.  I am not sure if I have ever seen one before.


This is one of the strays that comes around for food.  She is the mother of the ones that we have been feeding since they were small kittens living under our steps.  They are all cute when they show up.  Maybe one of them could be tamed. But I am not sure.  We call him Mr. Hungry.  When the weather gets better and I have more time to spend outdoors we will see if we can either find them homes or get them fixed.


This year we have a cardinal nest in the wisteria.  We always have cardinals here, but I don't think we have ever had a nest this close before.

 
 I have seen some of the babies.. but have never been able to capture a photo of them.





This is the cat we call Mr. Hungry.  He is always at the back door waiting to be fed.  


He looks a lot like his mother.  I really don't know if this is a female or male though.


He or she is long and skinny.
We could call him Stretch.

He looks pretty comfortable here.  Or she.  This one may be the one that can be tamed.  If so...we will claim him and get her/him fixed and live as an outdoor cat.
Our weather has been rain...rain...and rain.  Temperatures have dropped down to high 40's.  The furnace had to go back on.  Just yesterday it was about 80 and very humid.  Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Rudee said...

I hope you can keep the cats away from the baby cardinals--at least until they can fly.

Sandy said...

LOVE all the photos...beautiful...

Renie Burghardt said...

Beautiful pictures! Poor cats. They will just continue to breed and more homeless cats will be born.

Much cooler here as well today. So I'm inside this afternoon catching up on some blogs, and even being bored somewhat, since I can't be outdoors more. Not that the blogs are boring!

Have a good week.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever