Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day was Fun and Relaxing...

  Yesterday I slept a little late and then Bob and I went to  Barnes and Noble sometime around mid day.  We relaxed at a table with some magazines and books.  I had a smoothie and banana nut muffin and Bob had a sandwich and coffee.  I splurged on several magazines because I looked through them all and found many interesting articles that I wanted to read later at home. 


I also purchased a book called  "facebook me!"  by Dave Awl.  There were three to choose from.  Facebook For the Complete Idiot...(I was pretty sure I was a little beyond that one)....Facebook for Dummies...(this one was very good) but I decided on facebook me!, because it seemed to have more about what I was interested in trying to do on facebook.  I have found facebook to be a great tool for getting updates about the things that I am interested in.  I have most of the local news channels on there and some of the magazines that I bought.  Knitting sites and quilting shows....so many organizations are now using facebook.  I have National Geographic and Zoo Borns on there to get their newest info.  And because I am Catholic, I have a lot of Catholic sites on there.  One of my problems recently is how to show certain people things but not everyone on your list.  Everyone on my list may not be  interested in what I want to show someone else.  So... I found out there is way to do this....and when I am finished doing this post I am going to check it out.  I hope to learn a lot more about the best way to use facebook after I read this book.  I enjoy keeping in touch with family and friends on there...but I use it more for these daily updates about organizations most of the time.

After Katy got back from what she was doing in the morning, we went to 
Laumeier Sculpture Park for an Art Fair.  Just us Moms.  Poor Maddie wanted to go with us, but Brian told her it was girls day out, for a little while.  I heard her say..."But I am a girl too!"  She is too young to understand that she really would not have enjoyed doing this.  It was really hot and sunny also...but I hate to complain about that with all the storms and rain we have had.


This was an interesting booth.  An artist named Jeff Easley. 
I think my husband would have liked his work. 
It reminded me of Kandinsky. 


I am glad that I took this photo.. so that if Bob and I ever redecorate we may keep this artist in mind.

 Katy liked this artist a lot. And after I looked at her work and read about her, so did I.   I really admire this woman for taking a leap of faith and changing her career from being a lawyer to an artist.  She is pursuing her dream....and having a lot of fun doing it.


After Katy and I got back... Bobby was at our house and gave me these beautiful roses for Mothers Day.   Bob, Bobby and I went out to eat supper and then Bobby went over to babysit for Katy and Brian so that they could go out to eat for their 7th Anniversary.  I couldn't have asked for a better day!

5 comments:

The Bug said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Gorgeous flowers...

Rudee said...

It looks like you packed a lot of action into your relaxing day. I'm glad you enjoyed it Brenda, and it does sound like the perfect Mother's Day.

Winifred said...

That was a lovely day for you. As you say how brave that girl was changing her whole life but something I doubt she'll regret. You only get one life!

Our Mothers' Day was a few weeks ago, not sure what I did now. Probably just lazed about & then went to church. The usual Sunday routine which I love.

Sandy said...

love the roses....and enjoyed all the pic...Kadinsky..i think i know who you mean but will go google....

Sandy said...

jusr did a real quick google images and yes...i love his art, and have saved off images in the past to study his technique...

love his stuff..

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever