Monday, June 6, 2011

Busy Lately....


Last week was busy and our weekend was full of activities also.  Kayla is taking a nap right now and Maddie is eating some ice cream and watching Care Bears.  Kayla is getting her molars in and is suffering somewhat off and on from them.  Bobby had to get 2 teeth pulled last Friday, but is recovering pretty well from that.  He went back to work the next day in fact.  He had a wisdom tooth pulled that was not impacted.  I thought for sure he would take after me and Katy and have the ones that were really impacted and thus extremely painful to have removed...but he got lucky.  I have had 5 stomach surgeries and none of them were as bad as getting 4 impact wisdom teeth removed....with no pain pills afterwards.  Maybe that was why I remember it being so bad.  If I had been given some pain pills it may have seemed like a breeze.
We celebrated Katy and Brian's birthday with Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake last night.  I told them they will probably always have to share their celebration because their birthdays are only 3 days apart.  Bob and I have holiday birthdays so we have to share ours with the holiday.  Thankfully our weather has been very nice.  Our tiger lilies have bloomed and brighten my day with their beautiful colors.  I wish they bloomed longer though.  I also wish we could swim all year.  I got to swim a couple of times last week and I love to swim.  It is the best exercise in my opinion.  I see an ice cream mess nearby...so better get off the net for now....

3 comments:

Rudee said...

Craving ice cream now...just thought I'd let you know.

The Bug said...

Yep, ice cream is probably in my near future too :)

LOVE the flowers - can't wait until ours bloom. I think they're the later variety.

I had my wisdom teeth out in college. The extraction was fine - although I remember my mom laughing at how "drunk" I was from the laughing gas - but I did get infected. Looked like I had the mumps! That was kind of disgusting, but fortunately it happened over Christmas break :)

Sandy said...

I liked your newsy post - glad Bobby recovered so well... wow, you had a lot of surgeries and i hope all is okay now...

those lillies are gorgeous.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever