Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Fixer

This photo has nothing to do with what I am going to talk about, but sometimes things just sort of blend together whether you mean for them to or not.  We will see.  I have about 10 minutes to do a blog post and the only thing I could think of to talk about was what I just witnessed at the grocery store.  I was getting ready to head to the checkout lane and saw a lady carrying a little boy around maybe 3 years old and she was running to the Pharmacist to tell them she needed help.  It looked like the little boy was having a seizure possibly and had then passed out.  I wanted to run over to see if I could help.  Seriously.  I have no medical training.  What did I think I was going to do???  I have this character defect that fools even me... into thinking I can actually fix things for everyone.  My skills about almost everything are very limited, so I haven't a clue as to why I think I can actually help other people.  I would never have made a very good nurse or doctor nor good with emergency situations.  Or at least I don't think I would have.  I get way too emotional.  I observed how calm the Pharmacist was when responding to the lady with the little boy.  And I was so happy when I heard the emergency crew sirens coming into the grocery store parking lot, even before I got my groceries in the car.  They responded so quickly and I am already a little calmer knowing that he was going to get the best help he probably could have.  Whew....so glad that I do not have to deal with emergencies like that.
Now what does that story have to do with the photo above.  I think this time maybe a big nothing.  Just the first one I pulled off of the files from our trip to the gardens.

3 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

I fall apart in emergencies and can't help anyone. I have to be helped. But I do try to help people and animals, other ways. I am glad help arrived quickly for the little boy.

Beautiful picture!

Well, Joe and Mckenzie finally arrive tonight for a few days. Yay!

Have a great rest of the week.

Rudee said...

Your willingness to want to be of help is what sets you apart. Many don't even have that little feeling. That said, what sets you and me apart is my training and nearly 30 years of experience. It didn't always come naturally--it was drilled into me. Funny, in an odd way, that the mom ran to the pharmacist. In an emergency in the hospital, they may be of help crunching the math for drip rates, but you can't find them in a code blue.

Sandy said...

oh...but...you never know what just your presence might do. The presence of LOVE showed up in your willingness to be there and that is healing. Way to go.

we just have no idea what effect our willingness to just show up has on people...

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever