Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I have never seen a frog this small.....


Last weekend Bob and I took a drive to 2 family cemeteries.  One is in Waterloo, Illinois where his Mother's side of the family lived, attended church, and many family members are buried there right by the church they attended.  I happened to look down and see this micro tiny frog.  I don't think I have ever seen one this small before.  I wasn't even sure if it could be seen on a photo...but you can see it is about the size of the clover.  Later we went to the cemetery where Bob's Mom and Dad,  2 sisters, one nephew and our twins are buried.  Some day we need to move our twins or buy more plots nearby there.  We have put it off for 32 years.  We haven't made our final resting place decisions yet.  I don't know why we haven't.  We  sure need to.



On to a nicer topic.  This is the sunflower that Maddie and I planted from seed.  We were excited to see it blooming out the first day.


The second day it was all fanned out.  I have only bought one plant...no... two so far this year.  One I have forgotten what it is called.  It has purple flowers and is suppose to attract butterflies.  It is not doing well enough for a photo yet and I have not seen any butterflies around it.  The other plant is a calla lily and it blooms here and there.  Our weather is not good.....rain.. storms...just not all that great.  We have a wash out area in the back that we have been trying to figure out what to do with.  We have had 2 bids on it and it will not be cheap.  A few thousand dollars.  I wish I had confidence that after it was done it would look good...but I am skeptical, because of the amount of wash off we get from everyone else s  land.  I have been really tired lately and would love to do nothing but there aren't very many days like that.  I think that is why on weekends ....when it is possible we jump in the car and get out of here because there is so much work to do all the time.  A vacation is being planned for the end of July though.  Looking forward to that!

4 comments:

The Bug said...

Love the tiny frog & the flowers :)

Renie Burghardt said...

Beautiful photos, Brenda. You must have a really good camera. The little froggie is cute. We have some tiny ones at the river, and one year, when granddaughter Nichole was little, she tried to sneak one home to Ohio. Put it in a styrofoam cup and packed it in her suitcase. Fortunately, the little thing started making hopping noises in there, and Andrea opened the suitcase, and the little frog got rescued and put out by the pond. LOL.

We have a beautiful day today. Hope you do as well.

Rudee said...

I love those sunflowers. They're beautiful!

I hear you on the projects. It seems like they never end.

Sandy said...

Beautiful sunflower. Cemetaries are so interesting to wander through.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever