Sunday, July 31, 2011

Howdy Neighbor!


Dear God,
Please help me to be a good and decent Christian...one that you can smile down upon and feel proud of.  I beg for your assistance at this time, Dear Lord, because  my thoughts and feelings are not in sync with what I know they should be.  You see....we have this neighbor who moved in a couple of years ago, that I just can't seem to get along with.  She complains about everything, and somehow even after... just a few short conversations with her.... here and there...she has managed to suck all the goodness out of me and turn me into a mean spirited witch.  When I first met her she complained about all of MY rabbits in the back yard.  I don't own rabbits.  Then she went on to complain about all of the water in her yard that won't drain, and her first attempt at fixing her problem was to point a large drainage pipe aimed right at our yard.  We quietly accepted the rudeness of it all, and said nothing to her.  Then she went on and on about how we had the mess in the back by the city sewer drain and told us repeatedly that we needed to fill it in or do something about it.  The reason our yard looked the way it did... was because of all the water flowing from her yard and her neighbor's yard....drowning our yard.  Finally we decided to work with them both and install a $6,000 french drain system so that they could get their yards to flow into ours and everyone would be happy.  Right???  Wrong!!!  She did nothing but complain about how the tractors tore up HER yard bringing in our rock and drains.  All she wanted was a little hand dug  area for her pipes.  Again....everything is all our fault...somehow...in her selfish mind.  She is now watering our yard because we don't seem to care enough to do it.  She just asked me to water her yard next week.  I told her if I were home and was able to I would be happy to....but I couldn't guarantee that I would.  I asked her to please just not concern herself with our yard.  We will handle it when we want to and have the time.  As you can see Jesus, Mary and Joseph and all the of the saints in heaven....I need your assistance here.  I am trying very hard not to sock her a good one.  Perhaps I need to wear a straight jacket when I talk to her.

Thank your Lord...for your many blessings.  I know you are not finished "fine tuning" me yet.

5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, dear, well, I'm glad my neighbors are a half a mile away on each side, and nothing but woods behind me, and across the road from me. The wild neighbors don't seem to complain much about any of my doings, thank goodness. :-)

Poor Brenda! Hugs!

Renie

Rudee said...

I am all out of nice. Give me her number so I can call her for you and bitch her out. I will consider it an honor.

bettyjf1 said...

I've got a bat ... You are MUCH nicer than me..

Sandy said...

arrggg...that would drive me crazy...

Brenda said...

Thanks for listening to my rant ladies. The next evening I went over and talked to her and I did water some of her lawn. I can't stand feeling angry ugly feelings inside...even if I don't feel like it is my fault. I really have to reel in my temper sometimes....

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever