Thursday, July 14, 2011

In the Good Old Summer Time


I went to the store one day this week and bought a cheap bird feeder.  I could not believe they sell glass bird seeders that look very pretty.  In Missouri.  We have tornadoes and high winds on a fairly regular basis.  Where would one put a fancy glass bird feeder?  I managed to capture a female cardinal and her little one on the cheap feeder.   Taking photos through the window does not make for a real great photo...but it satisfies my memories of the summer time here at our home.


I swear this is the same bird that got caught in our fireplace a few months ago.  Perhaps it came back to say ...Thank You...I am now free and I promise to never fly into your fireplace again.


Oops...maybe I showed this one already.

Mr. Squirrel is feasting on all of the over spill from the wobbly bird feeder.

Mama cat visiting and taking a snooze on the grass.


One of mama cats kittens.  We don't see them for weeks and then all of a sudden they show up again.  I guess they survive somehow.
Other than observing scenes out the window....I have been spending most days with Katy and  Maddie and Kayla.  Some stress issues related to my brothers, that I rarely talk about on my blog have been weighing on me...but I am trying to keep my chin up and simply talk to God about it all.

5 comments:

The Bug said...

I'm sorry you're having stress issues. Hopefully things will resolve themselves soon.

Love the pictures. We have a bunch of sparrows that we call the seed flingers - then the squirrels, doves & grackles can just roam around underneath the bird feeder & eat their fill.

Rudee said...

I hope the issues with your brothers work themselves out. I have a mantra I picked up on ravelry: Don't Feed the Drama Llama. Works for me. I don't know if your problems are drama related, but I've been repeating that mantra for days in an effort to get it ingrained in my brain.

I saw a mom & dad cardinal the other day as they were flying fast past my yard. I think they have a nest in the tree two doors down. Your pictures are beautiful

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, nice pictures, Brenda, and nice feeder. I have 6 feeders up. The doves and some other ground feeders find the fallen seeds and the deer corn. Squirrels are a pain in the butt! Lots of goldfinches here, and cardinals and blue jays, indigo buntings and other birds. I don't have good luck taking pics of birds.

Hope things work themselves out regarding your brother.

We've had a couple of beautiful, cooler days, thanks to the thundershowers in the past couple of nights. The extreme heat is to return by Sunday. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Winifred said...

They are wonderful photos Brenda, I especially love the kitten one. Amazing they have survived and so nice they come back occasionally to see you.

Hope that your stress problems get sorted soon. As they say worrying about them won't make them any better. Take care!

Sandy said...

I love that feeder! I enjoyed all the photos and the cute cat.. Sorry to hear about some issues that are stressful and I hope it all works out for you.

I can't wait to move and have time to photo nature again.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever