Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th 2011

 This morning we went to the parade on Main Street for the 4th.  Bob is in the parade as a Color Corps for the Knights of Columbus.  They usually start off the parade with a group of Veterans and they usually get the most applause.  The photo above is of World War II Vets.  They have to be in their 90's.  I wonder if the lady was a young nurse during the war.  I watched an interesting documentary a few months ago called Top Secret Rosies: Female Computers of World War II.  I dislike wars of any kind...but I still watch historical documentaries and some movies about wars.  The other night I watched  "The Hurt Locker".  I was amazed at how realistic the film was.  And the insanity of the people around the world (suicide bombers, etc.) that roam our earth doing so much destruction.  Most of the time though it seems that the men and women that are serving our country are just babies.  Their lives are just beginning, 18, 19 and early 20's.

 Bob is on the left.



Here is our little Kayla at her first July Fourth Event.  She got a flag and a blue lollypop.



Katy and Brian Maddie and Kayla came down. 
It rained and we got a little wet, but it was nice anyway.




Yesterday we had an awesome supper prepared by my awesome son-in-law for my birthday.  He tried to put 60 candles on the cake and Maddie helped me blow them out.  Bobby was standing near by with the fire extinguisher.  No one was injured except for Brian, who received some singed arm hairs from trying to light the candles.  I am now looking forward to my 64th Birthday so I can hear this song.


2 comments:

The Bug said...

Happy birthday!! I'm glad you had a good celebration. The singed arm hair makes a good story :)

Your grandkidlets are so cute - I especially love the blue mouth.

Rudee said...

Happy Birthday, Brenda. What a great time of year to have a birthday. You'll always be surrounded by fireworks to help celebrate!

Kayla is getting so big and Maddie, as usual, is adorable.

The Hurt Locker was a very moving movie.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever