Monday, August 8, 2011

Major Cleaning



The past couple of weeks we have been exhausting ourselves with some major cleaning of junk removal.  Well...not all junk, just things that we probably won't ever use, even though we fool ourselves into thinking we will...someday.  We are going to have some new flooring put in the basement and are somewhat embarrassed at the amount of stuff that will have to be moved in order to do this.  Even though change is necessary sometimes...it is physically and emotionally draining to throw out so much stuff.  I am exhausted.  Also the last post I did wasn't finished but oh well...all you nice people read it anyway and left a comment.  I have limited myself to maybe 5 minutes to talk about what is going on around here.  Thanks for reading this dribble...

4 comments:

The Bug said...

We got rid of so much stuff when we moved, but there's still so much that could totally go away. It's hard sometimes to give up something you've had for years - even though it just lives in a box in the garage :)

Rudee said...

Dana doesn't sound too doped up after her surgery, she sounds wise!

It is hard to eliminate the junk in our lives, but it's liberating. I still have a lot of de-cluttering to do here, but have now inherited another 2,500 square feet of more junk.

Ugh. Can't go there yet.

bettyjf1 said...

It is really hard.. Our last move, I accidentally left some photos behind.. Fortunately, I have them all scanned AND the new owner kindly called me.. I didn't even KNOW I had crap in the garage attic.. I didn't even know I had an attic garage!!! Good luck with all that. It feels better when you're done.

Sandy said...

wow, I thought I commented here awhile back. Anyway, good for you getting rid of stuff, it's a long diffcult task but worth it....

Out of a 3400 square foot house I ended up with enough stuff to just fit into a 10 x 15 storage area. we only brought our beds and two couches and a few tables. Most of the boxes are in storage. we got rid of all of our other furniture by putting it on freecycle. People would pick it up so fast it was amazing...

I feel free.

when we move from here in a year or so, my furniture will fit into a pick up truck and maybe a small trailer...

yeah!!!

I even got rid of my bedroom furniture except for the platform for my bed and a few odd little tables I use for nightstands, plus an old table i use for a desk.

but I got a new flatscreen TV...

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever