Friday, August 26, 2011

A Trip to the Zoo


 Katy was off yesterday and we took the girls to the zoo.  
The hippo area is probably one my least favorite places...but  Maddie likes it.  
We have some photos of her last year posing here. 



It is the one place where you can be sure to see the animal because it is enclosed in glass. 



We didn't spend a lot of time there yesterday, but I still like playing with my camera. 
It has a pretty good zoom for an inexpensive camera. 
Here is a wild boar.

 

A couple of spotted hyenas.



We only saw one elephant.  
We recently had a baby elephant born at the zoo.  
It is still too young for viewing.


We took a train ride.  
Kayla hugging Maddie.

6 comments:

Rudee said...

I adore any post with your girls. They're so sweet.

bettyjf1 said...

looks like a great day..Hope it wasn't too hot! :)

Winifred said...

They are lovely photos Brenda. You must have had a great day out.

Looks like your weather is much better than ours but I shouldn't complain. Hurricane's hardly happen here! However we don't get a lot of sun either. This week has been pretty bad, Lauren & I have had to content ourselves with playing board games, knitting, reading, watching some telly and baking. She loves making cup cakes!

The Bug said...

What a nice day. Those girls are too cute. I think I might get my hair cut like Katy :)

Sandy said...

These are great pictures and I LOVE the hippo ones. girls are darling of course.

Reader Wil said...

Wonderful to have a day out with the family. I sometimes think it a pity that one of my daughters lives so far away in Australia. Next year I hope to see her and her children and partner again.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever