Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Alpacas are Not Nice....


Bob had a vacation day today so we took the kids to the Zoo.  We went to the Children's Zoo first and I got a little too close to this Alpaca and it spat at me and scared the crap out of me.  I screamed and the kids got upset.  I have heard that camels will spit at you...but I have never had it happen to me before.  I think I may have frightened it because I need a haircut and have a bushy headed look right now.  Maybe I looked like a scary beast.  The spittle of whatever he hailed at me was really smelly. 



 Next time maybe I will sport a hairdo like this spiky haired penguin.  It may think I am a porcupine.

 

This big black bear looks like it is laughing at me.  Ha ha....the Alpaca got you didn't it??!?  Hehehhe


Maybe Maddie can befriend this Ape and scare it for me.


 If not....maybe this Amur Tiger will take care of it.

 

While we were at the area where they have little houses and rakes and wheel barrels...
Maddie started shouting...
QUICK......EVERYONE RUN FOR COVER....THERE IS A CHICKEN STORM COMING!!!!


Harvesting some food for the next chicken storm.


BAAHHH....


Don't worry Grandma....these don't look like they spit.

3 comments:

Rudee said...

Hahahahaha. Maybe he thought you were looking at his fiber with a glint in your eye. He just didn't want to be nekked for winter.

They do spit. Llamas make good guard animals for sheep, too. Like an early warning system that predators are nearby.

The Bug said...

I went to a birthday party at a petting zoo once (for 3 year old twins which was a trauma in & of itself) & they had llamas which you weren't supposed to bother because they spit. Then why did they have them at a PETTING ZOO? Hmmm?

I think we should have gotten a loot at your supposed bushy head :)

Sandy said...

ohhhhh so cute!!! all of them animals, even the little girl ones..hahaha...

darling girls and great zoo photos.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever