Monday, October 31, 2011

Changes for the Cardinals




 We stayed home yesterday and did not try to go down to the parade.  We went out for another fall drive, but did not see all that much color.  Only in Wildwood where David Freese is from, was there some bright yellows and reds and a few orange colors.  We drove through there not really with the intention of going through his area...it was just on the way back from where we had been.  He seems so young to have captured so much attention and recognition.  He seemed pretty embarrassed by all the attention to me.  I think that is an admirable quality.  The parade looked like it was great.  As you can see from the photo below...it was very very crowded.  I don't do crowds very well.  So I was happy to just view in on TV at home.



The Clydesdale's are always amazing to watch.  They are such beautiful horses.



We woke up this morning to hear that Tony La Russa announced his retirement.  I am not sure what that will mean for the Cardinals.  He is 67 and I can see why he would want to retire.  I wake up everyday and wish that Bob and I were retired and free to go where we want and do what we want.  I would say he chose a perfect day to announce it.  The day after the celebration.  We also don't really know if Albert will stay here or not.  Whatever develops over the next few months will be interesting.  I am just happy that we won the Series this year for a few reasons.  One of course...is because my son and husband are such big fans.  And the other was because Stan Musial is going to be 91 next month and he is looking very frail.  The photo below is a picture of my husband when he was a little boy standing there waiting to get Stan's autograph.  He was unable to get it that day.  A few years ago I took the photo in and had it blown up to poster size and had Stan Musial sign it.  I am so glad that I did because I think his health went down not long after that.
Well...tonight is Halloween and the kids will have some fun...I hope.  The weather here isn't too bad.  I feel bad for the Eastern part of the country that got so much snow and power outages.  I guess we had better prepare for another crazy winter.



3 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, Brenda, what a great shot of the parade! Fantastic. I watched some of it on TV as well. I guess Tony La Russa picked the perfect time to retire. What a nice story about getting the autograph for your husband! So sweet of you. :-) Have a great week.

Rudee said...

OK, I'll stop pouting because the Cards won. I simply couldn't hold a grudge with your hubby's childhood picture and apparent adoration laid bare for all the world to see. That's a great photo, Brenda!

Brenda said...

Thanks Renie and Rudee! Rudee...you are too funny. So glad I swayed you just a little bit.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever