Thursday, October 6, 2011

Des Moines State Capitol Building


I was able to complete the Quilt Show in just 2 hours, so we had the rest of the day to look around.  We drove over to the State Capitol Building.  We were so glad that we did.  It was really impressive.


I won't try to tell any history about the building because you can easily look it up on the internet. 


A beautiful staircase.
 

I hope this is displayed in all of our Capitol Buildings.  
Remember having to memorize it in Jr. High?



The Law Library was really impressive!  
I think I would still like to take that course in Paralegal. 
Don't think anyone would hire me at my age...but it would be interesting.





The Supreme Court Room.  
I read that they rarely use this room.  
They use the Supreme Court Building.




Looking straight up into the dome.



This was only the second State Capitol that I have visited.  Makes me want to visit more.  I would also like to visit more Presidential Libraries.  I have only visited Clinton's and Truman's.  Someday I hope to make a trip to DC also.



5 comments:

The Bug said...

Wow - that is one impressive building! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Rudee said...

That's a beautiful building. I love the staircase and the photograph of the dome.

Sandy said...

wow, love that library. these photos are awesome.

Renie Burghardt said...

Brenda, I am totally confused now here. Finally found where I can comment. Beautiful pictures, and I enjoyed viewing them. But gosh, it's too hard for me now. Sorry. Have a great rest of the week.

Brenda said...

Sorry Renie! This is a new template I wanted to try out. It takes some getting used to...but I think I like it. Hope it gets easier for you. If not...see ya on facebook!

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever