Friday, October 21, 2011

Flu Shots

I have never had a flu shot before.  But I am thinking this year I may try one.  I have had a stomach bug twice in the past month.  I don't think I was completely over the first one and then got another one.  I have heard that they don't help stomach bugs though.  Even one day... minus an illness is worth it.  I am usually way to busy to be sick.  Yesterday Katy had a day off and I was able to stay in bed.  Maddie came in with her Popsicle stick to "check me out".  Dr. Maddie asked for my insurance card first and accepted a photo of herself as a pretend card.  She filed it away...which took at least 20 minutes just like going to a real doctor.  After looking down my throat with her stick...she said the problem was that a spider got on my sandwich and put a worm down my throat.  Just the image of that in my brain made me want to run for the bathroom.  But I had to admire her creativity.  I could use some of that if I want to explore writing.  No worries about what people may think or say...just a totally free journey of expression.
I felt too bad to watch the game...but now know the outcome.  Oh well...this just makes it more exciting.  Hope they do well tonight!

5 comments:

The Bug said...

I've never gotten a flu shot either - I don't do needles :) Of course, this will be the year I get sick. Dr. M always gets one - which is good since he's a teacher.

Love Dr. Maddie - that's too cute.

Renie Burghardt said...

I get the flu shot every year. Got this years at the end of September. But I'm just getting over a bronchial infection, which is not the flu, but as bad. Ugh!

Hey, Maddie is pretty creative! That spider idea would have made me run to the bathroom as well. LOL. Hope you feel better soon. I don't think the Cardinals play tonight. I was mad they lost yesterday!

Have a good weekend.

Rudee said...

I hope you feel better, soon. GI bugs are no fun.

I'm mandated to get a flu shot, but haven't gotten mine yet. Maybe Monday.

Sandy said...

oops where did my comment go....

Sandy said...

anyway, enjoyed Maddie's creativity....hope you feel better real soon.

Clifford 1994 to 2009

Clifford   1994 to 2009
The Best Dog Ever